Video Cameras...

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
what do you guys have for video cameras? the digital we have now is just not cutting it for sound... it just pops and what not...

what do you guys have?

P.S. im a real stickler for sound... i watched a bunch of the Gopro vids but its to quiet...

I use the gopro and you are spot on the sound is lacking, even more so with the water proof rear cover. all though the picture makes up for the low sound, in my opinion.

I use the gopro and you are spot on the sound is lacking, even more so with the water proof rear cover. all though the picture makes up for the low sound, in my opinion.

see im a sound nut... it drives me crazy how my camera gets all crackly...

here is a vid of my car and you can hear the sound issues...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABKFcGty38"]Walk Around Day.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

now here is a friends with a Cannon zr950 ( 4th vid down)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slant-6-Racing/221890114522711

It may or may not be the camera.

What kind of software are you using to download videos to your computer? Most video editing programs have sound level adjustments when downloading or editing. I use Pinnacle Studio.

It may or may not be the camera.

What kind of software are you using to download videos to your computer? Most video editing programs have sound level adjustments when downloading or editing. I use Pinnacle Studio.

well the camera is 5 years old...

and i use click and drag from the camera to the computer lol...

Well, my digital camera is 5 years old and it still works great. You probably need to adjust the record volume when you download the movie. I've had problems like this with static in the past and found all I had to do was lower the volume a bit to get rid of the distortion. Did any software come with your camera?

Well, my digital camera is 5 years old and it still works great. You probably need to adjust the record volume when you download the movie. I've had problems like this with static in the past and found all I had to do was lower the volume a bit to get rid of the distortion. Did any software come with your camera?

its my gf's... and i doubt she does... its a kodak ZD710... no video setting adjustments... just record...

I have used the "flip video", it's my friends so I dont know the details on it, I think its the first generation.
I will be buying my own soon.

here is the flip video in-car, I haven't used it outside the car like your video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxZo4iwuPA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]in car camera[/ame]

I have used the "flip video", it's my friends so I dont know the details on it, I think its the first generation.
I will be buying my own soon.

here is the flip video in-car, I haven't used it outside the car like your video.
in car camera

it sounds really good!

and why havn't i seen you out at the track? Rick is out there all the time to...

also... what is with the two shift lights? looks like one is 3500 or so... is that your launch rpm??

it sounds really good!

and why havn't i seen you out at the track? Rick is out there all the time to...

also... what is with the two shift lights? looks like one is 3500 or so... is that your launch rpm??

thanks, I am doing a few mods to the car right now, so I haven't been out for awhile now,
I plan on going Oct 29th, my friend Brian is running his Blazer too (1/8 mile for him).
and I'm trying to get my brother to go with his Nova so I can beat on him, again.

honestly I dont know why the 2nd shift light is on there, thats the way it was when I bought the car...I have been meaning to remove it, or at least un-plug the chip for it.

I am installing a new radiator fan, installing an alternator (charging batteries between runs is a pain, and I get down to 10.5v) and have to fix a fuel leak at the fuel filter.

thanks, I am doing a few mods to the car right now, so I haven't been out for awhile now,
I plan on going Oct 29th, my friend Brian is running his Blazer too (1/8 mile for him).
and I'm trying to get my brother to go with his Nova so I can beat on him, again.

honestly I dont know why the 2nd shift light is on there, thats the way it was when I bought the car...I have been meaning to remove it, or at least un-plug the chip for it.

I am installing a new radiator fan, installing an alternator (charging batteries between runs is a pain, and I get down to 10.5v) and have to fix a fuel leak at the fuel filter.

not to bad! im sure i can make it out the 29th...

i have the newest gopro.. 1080p hd.. called the gopro hero 2.. it works great, the sound isnt bad..

I use a vado Hd camera like 60 bucks inside my legend car, works great

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_194SLcPi4"]heat win - YouTube[/ame]

mounted to my roll cage and pretty good footage, had the glare from the sun that day

I used a GoPro Hd on my dirt track car a few times this year and I think it is a great camera. I have found that the key to good in-car footage and sound is finding a secure mount location that lacks alot of vibration. Btw its FOR SALE if anybody is interested (done with the dirt racing) :D

I use a vado Hd camera like 60 bucks inside my legend car, works great

heat win - YouTube

mounted to my roll cage and pretty good footage, had the glare from the sun that day

sounds good!

I used a GoPro Hd on my dirt track car a few times this year and I think it is a great camera. I have found that the key to good in-car footage and sound is finding a secure mount location that lacks alot of vibration. Btw its FOR SALE if anybody is interested (done with the dirt racing) :D

i have nothing against the gro pro camera's... i just would like to be able to hear it when not at wide open lol...

IMO Gopro HD is the way to go for car videos. Its tough, has good sound and has a lot of attachments.

just a note...if you are using your camera at the drag races....nhra has just released new rules for cameras in cars doing down the track...

FYI Rule Change for the 2012 Season: For those of you that have been using Go Pro cameras or other video cameras similar to the Go Pro, this applies to you:

SECTION 20: GENERAL REGULATIONS, SUPPORT GROUP: 9, 9:15 CAMERAS (Page 38) (To be added after 9:14 WARM-UPS)
Cameras permitted. May not be intentionally directed at the racer in the other lane without NHRA permission. Video may not be transmitted in any means or manner without NHRA permission. Incident video may not be transmitted under any circumstances. No video monitors permitted in or on the car. Video may not be used in any way to determine track position in real time. Must be securely attached to the vehicle with appropriate fasteners. May not be attached with suction cups, wires ties, hose clamps etc.. All mounting brackets, associated fasteners, hardware, etc. from the camera to the vehicle attachment point must be metal, no plastic or non-metallic components permitted. Attachment to the driver, the driver’s helmet or the steering wheel prohibited.

IMO Gopro HD is the way to go for car videos. Its tough, has good sound and has a lot of attachments.

well i went thru a bunch of reviews and a guy on an open wheel team was RAVING about how much better this is than the gopro...

just a note...if you are using your camera at the drag races....nhra has just released new rules for cameras in cars doing down the track...

FYI Rule Change for the 2012 Season: For those of you that have been using Go Pro cameras or other video cameras similar to the Go Pro, this applies to you:

SECTION 20: GENERAL REGULATIONS, SUPPORT GROUP: 9, 9:15 CAMERAS (Page 38) (To be added after 9:14 WARM-UPS)
Cameras permitted. May not be intentionally directed at the racer in the other lane without NHRA permission. Video may not be transmitted in any means or manner without NHRA permission. Incident video may not be transmitted under any circumstances. No video monitors permitted in or on the car. Video may not be used in any way to determine track position in real time. Must be securely attached to the vehicle with appropriate fasteners. May not be attached with suction cups, wires ties, hose clamps etc.. All mounting brackets, associated fasteners, hardware, etc. from the camera to the vehicle attachment point must be metal, no plastic or non-metallic components permitted. Attachment to the driver, the driver’s helmet or the steering wheel prohibited.

something to consider, thats what they say about WWE to and there are vids all over the place lol

I was wondering about the low RPM light myself. I have an alternator which I switch off the field power at the line and back on when I cross the finish. The 600 CCA battery gets lower and lower each pass so the alternator may not help. I guess running hard is just a huge draw on the battery. MSD 6AL.

People use he GoPro a lot out in Glamis. Most put music to there vids but I think they have good sound to them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkR6MG6S5oM"]Fun with the Tatum and GoPro in Glamis - YouTube[/ame]

well i went thru a bunch of reviews and a guy on an open wheel team was RAVING about how much better this is than the gopro...

I looked at a few youtube videos for comparison and IMO the difference in negligible.

However, i see two flaws that would annoy me with the replay:

1. No protective case. So if your mount doesnt hold correctly and the camera falls, its taking the brunt of the force. As opposed to the GoPro's plastic & padded case.

2. Doesnt appear to have the option to add an LCD viewfinder. Sure its extra on the Gopro, but it makes setup 10x easier. You're not guesstimating the angle, you can actually view how the shot will look beforehand.

Though maybe i'm biased as i own a GoPro hd:
[ame="http://youtu.be/XyD65kaoek0"]302 Found[/ame]

I looked at a few youtube videos for comparison and IMO the difference in negligible.

However, i see two flaws that would annoy me with the replay:

1. No protective case. So if your mount doesnt hold correctly and the camera falls, its taking the brunt of the force. As opposed to the GoPro's plastic & padded case.

2. Doesnt appear to have the option to add an LCD viewfinder. Sure its extra on the Gopro, but it makes setup 10x easier. You're not guesstimating the angle, you can actually view how the shot will look beforehand.

Though maybe i'm biased as i own a GoPro hd:
302 Found

see that vid is exactly the issue i have the with the gopro... cant hear your car idle, barely hear it on accel... no good...

and the only place i plan on using it is on the rear bar of a roll cage or the back window with the suction cup...

-
Back