Video- First time running (LS6 Swap)

-

adamp

Reaction score
Still needs some adjustments... idling high because I haven't fabricated the exhaust and the O2 sensors are still not on... but none the less, excited to share.

Also, now my power steering box took a **** and leaks (guess the extra pressure)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Tla1vCLUQ"]LS6 Dodge Dart first startup - YouTube[/ame]

LS6, Gen 3 Hemi, Ford Modular, its all good in a Dart! nice. Im toying with the idea of a 1UZFE yoda V8 but it may be too wide.

Thanks guys! Pishta, I always wanted to drop a 4age Toyota motor in my dads triumph spitfire... Haha

Sounds good, keep up the good work!

As soon as it's ready to go I'll post a video of her getting sideways and all the goods lol

I'm not a fan of mix breeding for the most part but you can't blame the guy for wanting an LS engine. They are uncontested an amazing platform.

To the OP, congrats on the progress.

Thanks fellas, here is another video with the Idle a little better, still need to put on my 02 sensors though.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj8mnvR8V0g"]Adam's 1970 LS Swapped Dodge Dart - YouTube[/ame]

It's a 5.7 Chevy motor out of a C5 Z06 Corvette, also used in the Cadillac CTS-V

Be wary if you take it to shows the mopar guys will flame you..

Which is why I almost never take my mopar to mopar only shows.... I've always run into some of the biggest A-holes around. Always telling you that you ruined your car because it isn't original, you put the wrong parts in it, that it probably doesn't work right, why would you do that? etc.

My car is ALL MOPAR...

Nice work and Dart! Your car, your money, do what you want with it. Me personally (not that anyone asked :) ) I couldn't put a GM/Ford motor in a mopar, and no I'm not jealous.

I can understand the attraction of the LS swap. as we have done more than I can count in my shop. They are a excellent choice for the 60s cars. Although I have never put one in a mopar. I don't see the problem with doing it. Back in the day they use to call that sort of thing Hot Rodding. Not butchering? But like they say everyone has an opinion. I say if your not interested in saying something nice about someones project just move on. There are plenty of threads to read on here.

-
Back