Video of my slant.

-

rawrods

Reaction score
I found a old post about my car before I joined and read were they didnt like the way my valve's sounded. Well I put up another video for you guys to see what it sounds like when its not in the garage. Things that need to be done to make it better sounding: To put a X-pipe or H-pipe on, and maybe go with 50 flowmaster. I have 40's now and a little too open for me and does not sound good on top end. Just wanted to post to help out.

NEW VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMAMFDoKu4I

OLD VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTPcC2xcIM

Wow, I think it sounds great in both video's!!:cheers: Nice car too......:toothy10:

Man that thing sounds like a v-8 from behind.

I don't know why u don't like the muffs, they sound nice!

Mind telling us what the specs are on that motor, hp and money involved.

Head is shaved 60, block is bored 30, stock rods, stock crank, Mopar Performance Camshaft I think it was 276 duration .490 lift, Ive sleep since then. Offenhouser 4bbl Intake, 500cfm carb. Hooker Headers 6 into 2 into, flowmasters. I think was was around $3,300.00 I know it was high. Then I added the New Hooker Headers and they were like 800 or so from summit(not painted there coated).

000_0827.jpg

beautiful car dude, but it does sound like bad valve train chatter. maybe just audio. or AC compressor ticking. Hydraulic or solid valvetrain? .060 off heads, pushrod compensation required?

beautiful car dude, but it does sound like bad valve train chatter. maybe just audio. or AC compressor ticking. Hydraulic or solid valvetrain? .060 off heads, pushrod compensation required?

Solid I know and yes 60 off the head not heads. Like I said I have sleep since then, motor has been together since 2000.

What ignition system are you using?How does she run? Great looking car,and beautiful slant! What kind of HP are we looking at? I can wait to build up my six. I will be going with an Aussiespeed hurricane manifold and holley 390.Lots of head work and about 9.5 comp ratio.How do you like that cam? I was thinking about something similar.My car is my daily ride,but I dont mind a little bump:snakeman:

What ignition system are you using?How does she run? Great looking car,and beautiful slant! What kind of HP are we looking at? I can wait to build up my six. I will be going with an Aussiespeed hurricane manifold and holley 390.Lots of head work and about 9.5 comp ratio.How do you like that cam? I was thinking about something similar.My car is my daily ride,but I dont mind a little bump:snakeman:

Thanks guys, we do all our paint and body work here are R.A.W. RODS. I dont know what HP its putting down. The ignition is still the stock points and has worked great with no problems, but Im still going to upgrade.

@60-70mph crusing speed cause thats exactly what mine souns like ....as soon as i get my new torsion bars installed ,gonna find a better sound muffler

Sweet slant,at first I thought it was an 8,here,s pics. of my 66 Dart have owned it just over 1 month.Offy 4bbl. intake,holley 500 cfm 4bbl,headders and dual exhaust right out back.Just swapped to disc. up front and 8 3/4 s.g with 4.57 and moser axels(future V8 swap)Your car is awesome!

trim 018.jpg

trim 050.jpg

THAT sounds GREAT...:cheers: Thats what i want my slant to sound like.....SWEET!!!!!!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like it /6!!!!!

Yeah Bad mama jama for a slant. The car is gorgeous. Kinda funky looking front to rear ride height differences. I'd lower the back a lil maybe or just jack the front up a smidge. Hard to tell from here. Wow can you say CUSTOM engine bay?! Sweet man. I like the Orange letters and Airbrush flames! Nice touches. Thing sounds STRONG! LOVE THE WHEELS! and color. Bravo great taste partner.

Sweet slant,at first I thought it was an 8,here,s pics. of my 66 Dart have owned it just over 1 month.Offy 4bbl. intake,holley 500 cfm 4bbl,headders and dual exhaust right out back.Just swapped to disc. up front and 8 3/4 s.g with 4.57 and moser axels(future V8 swap)Your car is awesome!

That is clearly a "Clifford" not an "Offy"

That sure is very nize=P~=P~
You have that / sounding and looking like an A #1 A body half dozen screamer, Congrat's on a great build.

Share your specks on the build if you can.:cheers:

And thank you for making my day just that much better for sharing :-D

-
Back