Video of why not to install aftermarket heads right out of the box

-

duster360

Reaction score
This guy tells it all of why not to install a set of aftermarket heads right out of the box.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVVoUT7Di0"]"WARNING" DON'T- bolt on "New in the Box" heads on your motor without. 1.0 - YouTube[/ame]

Yup, heard it all before. Buy bare heads and expect to build them yourself or hand the parts to the machine shop and have them assemble them. So you can skimp on the heads themselves, as you are going to cut them, polish them, port them, reguide them and grind the valve seats already....Pro-comp to Brodix to Indy, they all have their "this head is junk" thread.

great info. But he is really hard to listen to.

You're from Oklahoma and you have a hard time understanding this guy? :D

I agree that he isn't as smooth talking as some may prefer but he seems to know his business.

Good advice-I know when I built my 5.7 stroker and got the ported heads from Indy my engine guy tore them down to just the castings and found some things to correct and I'm glad he did,What a sad state the auto industry is in,Ya pay for what u get--Steve

Good info to know, does make sense as far as the cost of all the parts going into a bare head. When i built up my 2.2 turbo ll head i used brand new stainless SI valves, new springs guides, retainers, locks etc, i was into parts for just 1 head for about $375

-
Back