VIN# locations

-

She Devil

Work in Progress
Reaction score
I was wondering where, besides the dash, a VIN plate would be located on a 72 Demon. Also, is there a way to tell if a VIN plate is fake?
The car doesn't have a fender tag.
Thanks

On the dash is the only "VIN" number. Other locations that have numbers link that body part to that car. As well as the transmission. Numbers stamped on pan rail.

I'm not to up on this, sorry.

Rear speaker shelf between speaker hole and window channel, drivers side.

On the radiator support/yoke too.

on the inside of trunk just under the gasket. (you will have to peel it back to see) it is usally near the trunk lock with in a foot to the right or left....

as far as the dash vin plate. if it has hex head rivots showing then it is probably original. you could post a pic and we could tell you as well.

I still am not finding anything. Another question. Is it possible that my Demon is really a Swinger?

This is the VIN on the dash
vin2.JPG

vin2.JPG

Passenger side trunk drip rail if you get in the trunk and look up at the bottom of the drip rail you will see the vin stamp. There was a thread on this some time ago with pictures. I have it on my 1970 dart.

nothing in the trunk under the gasket or the drip rail. nothing on the speaker shelf, and the only thing on the radiator support is 2 areas that look like they had pins ground down, that are a little more than 4 3/4" apart.
my big concern is the paperwork i found in the car. it has the owners manual etc. and in with it is the warranty slip and a "vehicle stopping distance" slip. both of these have a different VIN on them than the car.

She devil..stand at the front of your car w. the hood open...put your right hand down on the rad support...right in that area on top..about where the rad ends ...the last 8 digits of your vin is there...right on top of that 1 inch rail...if the car has been painted a few times it may be hidden under a few layers.....

She devil. Sounds like you are messed up here. The vin tag on the dash is the only vin tag on the car. There is a fender tag on the drivers side fender under the hood. There are no other tags so dont look for em. Let me back up here. There may be a tag on the rear diff stating the ratio and whether or not it is a sure grip unit. What you are looking for are "STAMPED" numbers where the guys said they would be. The vin you posted looks to be original with the special rivets used by Ma Mopar. Not everyone has those types of rivets. Only a few of us, but if they are of the round type then a flag goes up. Keep us posted and by the way. Welcome to FABO.
Small Block

Thanks smallblock.
I looked for stamped #s and i still dont see anything. My worry is that this might not be a real Demon. There has been alot of stuff done to this car, but i figure there has to be a way to confirm that this is the real thing.

Thanks smallblock.
I looked for stamped #s and i still dont see anything. My worry is that this might not be a real Demon. There has been alot of stuff done to this car, but i figure there has to be a way to confirm that this is the real thing.
What size radiator opening does it have....

If you have the package tray in the rear, on the shelf, you won't find it. Only the last 8 of the VIN will be present

Here's a picture of where it is, this is looking down, on the drivers side through the rear window opening. in the pic... Speaker hole to left, window channel to right, defrost vent hole above.

ShelfVIN.jpg

Your car is 99.99999 % sure a Demon, stop worrying!

Open your trunk, go to the passenger side. The drip rail that has the weather strip on it that runs around the entire trunk opening has a vin number stamped on it you can see it from inside the trunk. Get a flash light and a piece of sand paper go over the the lip with the sand paper.If anybody remembers this thread try to repost it here I can't find it. My camera is dead or I would post a picture.

Open your trunk, go to the passenger side. The drip rail that has the weather strip on it that runs around the entire trunk opening has a vin number stamped on it you can see it from inside the trunk. Get a flash light and a piece of sand paper go over the the lip with the sand paper.If anybody remembers this thread try to repost it here I can't find it. My camera is dead or I would post a picture.

It won't be there on a Demon.

The Darts definitely have them in the trunk rail, usually smack dab where the butt strip runs.

Welcome to FABO She Devil. I believe your car is a real Demon. If it was a Duster conversion (fake), the VIN # would start with a V and not an L like yours.

Good info on this thread for the last 8 digits of the VIN locations. On the package tray near the speaker crackedback mentioned would be a good place to look. Least likely to have been changed or altered.....

Enjoy your Demon purchase :cheers:

trunk drip rail!!!!!! stamp says 634E092? ...... doesnt match anything i have....

Rear shelf has cardboard cover on it.
Radiator opening is 22 1/2"w x 16 1/2"t ?

look on the top edge of the radiator core support. start at the battery side and work your way towards the middle of the car. Should be on that side

Between the arrows??

Yep somewhere along that area. maybe a little more to the left. It may have been stamped on the vertical section just below that edge as well.

If there are multiple layers of paint, it may be hard to see and a brush might be necessary to knock off the layers.

I have seen them on the radiator support as far over as the middle of the radiator also.

Pull your rear speaker shelf insert out to check for the number there.

-
Back