vin number location

-

Hillbilly Mopars69

Reaction score
Recently bought a 65 dart conv. off web had it shipped to me after looking it over I found no rivets in tag just a spot of glue under tag. Is vin numbers any where else on the body?

That was the only spot they put the vin . The tags were glued on , on the drivers side door jamb near courtesy light switch

That was the only spot they put the vin . The tags were glued on , on the drivers side door jamb near courtesy light switch
Yep, I bought a 64 Valiant from Va, with a Va title. Had to get the Florida police to verify the VIN matched the title, before transfer to Fl. You wouldn't believe the hassle one cop gave me, about that. The cop that normally does this was on vacation. She finally came by and everything was good.

On my 66 Barracuda the vin tag was riveted on , when I asked a police office where the other number would be stamped he told me , that it was him to know and me to find . I found some where on the web that there was a number stamped on the driver side rear bumper brace on the bottom of the brace . This brace runs from the rear of the car and welds into the frame near the rear spring shackle . Use a wire brush and clear it and see . Hope this helps .

On these Mopars before ?69 THERE ARE NO OTHER body VIN numbers. Some cars had "order numbers" which as I understand it can be tracked to the VIN if you have the fender tag and build sheet. These are NOT a VIN, and have no part of the VIN in that number

Read the thread on OldManMopar wrecking his car. He has worked on many of these in previous times. He claims that some ?71? cars did not come with ANY other body numbers

We had someone on here with a 68, which is a "one year." This car had the dash swapped I think, so either the dash VIN was wrong or missing. Since a 68 still has no VIN body numbers, his original VIN was GONE and no way to document the car

So, up through 67.......door post VIN, body numbers are not VIN

68 only...............dash mount VIN, body numbers are not VIN

69/ later..............dash mount VIN, body numbers and eng/ trans are partial VIN

I was wondering myself because one of my cars owned by me and titled in my name in PA has lost its I'd plate on the door jam. I want to title it in Florida, but not sure what to do to get it here.

I was wondering myself because one of my cars owned by me and titled in my name in PA has lost its I'd plate on the door jam. I want to title it in Florida, but not sure what to do to get it here.
I dont know of anyone that will make a VIN plate so you have a real problem now that it is gone and a VIN cannot be proved on the body.

On my 66 Barracuda the vin tag was riveted on , when I asked a police office where the other number would be stamped he told me , that it was him to know and me to find . I found some where on the web that there was a number stamped on the driver side rear bumper brace on the bottom of the brace . This brace runs from the rear of the car and welds into the frame near the rear spring shackle . Use a wire brush and clear it and see . Hope this helps .

Never heard of this before, but you can bet dollars that the cop who told you that statement had no idea where any numbers could be found on an early A body!!

Do you have the build sheet/ fender tag? You might be able to tie those with the VIN on the title, and that would "prove" the car. Then you could go to the state DMV and get a new VIN issued. In most/ all states? This will NOT be an OEM VIN, it will be a "special" VIN issued by the state.

-
Back