Vin plate

-

TheGrateRonzini

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody knows of a decal that I can put on my vin plate to recreate the Chrysler fluff that was on there. PO had the plate painted in 5 different colors. I did my best to try and save it but it looked like **** so I blasted it. Plate is in tact and on car. But I want it pretty

I used aircraft stripper and a fine wire brush and it came out like new.

I tried some stripper but I couldn’t get it to start wrinkling. Thank you Dicer. My car is a 67, so I’ll search that site, Or use the terms they use to find one that will work. Thanks again

I wasn't thinking you said vin plate, I was thinking fender tag. I think the vin tags are hard coated aluminum so no, stripper wouldn't work.

I tried some stripper but I couldn’t get it to start wrinkling. Thank you Dicer. My car is a 67, so I’ll search that site, Or use the terms they use to find one that will work. Thanks again

67 should be an unpainted vin tag on the A pillar, not dash.

67 should be an unpainted vin tag on the A pillar, not dash.
I am aware. I sandblasted the Chrysler corporation and black outer line off in attempt to remove several layers of old paint.
EE6ABF64-CA8B-434E-8668-9AEEF848EE8B.jpeg

Every 67 and older I've had was a polished finished tag. Don't recall any paint.

-
Back