VIN Rivets, Steering, Rants....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just when I mentioned that I was enjoying assembliing my car that the B.S. starts....

Year 1 : Rear taillight harness on inter-gallatic backorder for 3 1/2 months now....

Tri-City: Ya'all *MIGHT* get yer bumper's back in June. Maybe July. I sent them out in April....

ProMax: We *just got your parts in* and they should be out today. I've heard this THREE WEEKS IN A ROW.

My Bodyshop: We've been swamped. I haven't had a chance to paint your header panel or valance yet. This is a month now....

TrimTags: Oh no... the VIN rivets aren't $13 a pair. They're $25...and they're un-painted. Just like Corvette rivets. No thanks....

Mancini's: Fan shroud is on back-order. We'll let you know when they show up.

TTI: Still waiting for them to drop-ship my entire exhaust system.

AND I STILL NEED A STEERING COLUMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't wanna say how much I eventually paid for a pair of VIN rivets....:blackeye:

I might have a 67 steering column. Would that work?

That's great! Let me know if you have one! It *should* be the same. It's just the pre-67's that are different.

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE Let me know!:cheers:

are we having fun yet? :)

I think you need a hug, go find a pretty lady and extract one from her.

My Wife is getting tired of talking me down off the roof. She's gonna let me jump one of these days....
sterb072.gif

This one came out of my 67 notch.
I've got one out of a 68 in it right now.

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0853.jpg

I have a friend who has a 56 Ford he`s doing over . I always think of him when it`s difficult for me to find a part, he waits years for parts at times.

Sure beats not having a car at home to work on haha. I feel ya

This one came out of my 67 notch.
I've got one out of a 68 in it right now.

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

DUDE! Stick it in an envelope and send it to me!

PM me with details. I don't need the wheel, but is everything else good? How's the bearings? Why did you swap it out? You don't know if it was manual or P/S do you? If it's a manual column it should be 42" from end to end after pulling the steering wheel. If need be I'll get a Flaming River adapter.

Please let me know and THANK YOU for getting back to me.

100_0852.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0853.jpg

Of course I know if it's P/S or not. It did come out of my car after all.....:toothy10:
It's a P/S column. Nothing's wrong with it. Bearings are fine. Most of the stuff in my dash is from a 68. I don't remember why I swapped it, but I do remember that there was nothing wrong with. Make me an offer, and pay the shipping.

-
Back