Vin stamp pad

-

Quikitty

Reaction score
I have a question about a stamp pad on a 69 340.
The block is stamped EW340 but there is no vin number after that.
isn't the vin number supposed to be on the same pad as the EW340 stamp or am I looking in the wrong spot?
Is it normal for a block NOT to have a vin number stamped on it?
Thanks
Jay

lol I thought i was losing my mind.I posted in the other one.

Sorry guys, I first posted under "General discussion". Then thought gee that was stupid, I should post under engine stuff. then figured it would not hurt to leave it in both places.
Been one of those days:violent1:

Found it!! Just bought this 69 barracuda 340 4spd formula S, Resto project. The guy said it was matching numbers and it is, yea!!!!

Well ya better add some pictures of this new project!!!! Fastback or notch?? Colors??

Hope the pic shows up.
Its a 69 Fastback formula S 340 4spd. Was originally gold. Floors are solid but have surface rust, frame rails good but a little scale, trunk good, lower quarters need metal. Original # match block, with all correct parts to assemble, #'s match 4 spd, rear etc... Missing drivers fender (which I just bought Thank you FABO) needing clean drivers grill. Has the rally Tach. it is all there, just needs some attention. It will have to wait in line, I am currenty restoring a 66 vette, then a pantera after that. So I collect parts for a year, have the engine rebuilt etc..

Attachments

• 69 formula S 500LR IMG_9540.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 164
-
Back