vin tag

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
This may be a long shot but is there anywhere that you can get a replacement dash vin tag to replace a lost one..I know there are a lot of games being played with tags.... this was just a 6 cylinder dart that I changed the dash in because the old one was hacked up ..when I sold the car last year I hadn't finished working on it and handed the vin tag to the person who bought it.... he lost it and now he's jammed up....guess you can get them for ford or chevy... he said he's had no luck with mopar

The only legal way to deal with this it to apply to your state dept. of motor vehicles for a replacement state issued VIN tag.

Yeah, I got same problem on a 71 dart where last guy misplaced it and its not to be found, so I called all over the freakin place trying to see if I could replace it, even with a clear-clean title and original door sticker and all ##'s match car I got no-where, very frustrated I reluctantly called Highway Patrol shop and explained my situation[MO] and was told it was actually simple deal, just bring car and paperwork in for inspection and they will issue another state vin tag mounted on door post and it costs a whopping $8.50 for inspection and 13.50 title fee[after they run original #'s and all comes back clear] I'm just glad to be able to tag and drive this car[I've been workin on it for 3yrs.] I dont know about your state and there rules/regulations but thats how they do it here, just call DMV in your area and x-plain ur situation and ask what their requirements and instructions are and what u have to have or do paperwork wise, I know its a pain-n- da-*** but what else u gonna do? Good luck

-
Back