Vintage Direct Connection parts. Let’s see em!

-
Direct Connection Aluminum Tailshaft and cover plate

Copy of IMG_1767.JPG

Is that an older version ? Or did the aluminum sidecover not get the reinforced ribbing ?

It’s thicker altogether than an iron one. There thicker reinforcement inside than an iron too.

My iron ones are put away to put side by side.

I think I have a production aluminum side cover too that’s much thinner than this one.

The tailshaft bolt flange to main case is slightly thicker on this than a OD aluminum tailshaft.

IMG_9933.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had this belt buckle for more years than I’ll admit to. The belt has long since become a bit small for me these days. Also have a set of DC chrome small block valve covers I bought at a DC dealer in Ocala Florida in 1979 while on a winter break from the harsh winters here in Michigan back then.

IMG_5453.jpeg

picked this up the other day:
ymvAYT6l.jpg

spec had me cracking up "for light competition"
m3QO81Il.jpg

don't know when it was made but the shipping/transfer label is dated 1993. the lifters are all individually boxed and cello wrapped and the lube is MP labeled.

while we're on the subject and there's a captive audience... is there any veracity to the claim that MP cams used paint stripes to ID them? i have a new SB one here that has no numbers stamped into anywhere.

while we're on the subject and there's a captive audience... is there any veracity to the claim that MP cams used paint stripes to ID them? i have a new SB one here that has no numbers stamped into anywhere.
I was told by some old heads, when Mopar was still Mopar, the stripes had a rhyme and reason. Like a yellow and green stripe meant “x” cam. But somewhere along the line after Iacocca that either changed and/or was no longer public info.

I bought a couple of bourbon glasses last summer at a swap meet. I was glad to get them for $20 and the seller was glad he didn't have to haul them around any more!

1724493595233.jpeg

A friend showed me one of these a year or two ago and I "had to have one" so I bought my own. I had never seen one until then. I bought the Mopar "M" one too.:realcrazy:

PXL_20240824_224018368.jpg

This one was a gift from a fellow FABO member 20+ years ago.

PXL_20240825_190012372.jpg

-
Back