vintage mopar toys

-
Dang! I am getting old! What's that like an '87 024? Vintage? :sad2:

I thought you were talking about stuff from the 30's 40's and 50's! lol

1981, eh? Well, I suppose you're right in that you could consider 30 years old, "vintage".

I was 31 back in 1981. A lot of things sucked back then, the new crop of cars from all the makers were among those things. Especially after living through the 60's and early 70's era and the cars that were available from the same manufacturers of the time.

You look at the 024 and the Shelby Charger and compare them to the B body chargers, especially those up to 1970, and you'll understand my meaning. The offerings from the early-mid 70's and 80's were very disappointing to someone who owned and lived through the true muscle care period.

I first got the bug in 1958 when my father bought a 1958 Chrysler 300 with a 392 Hemi with 2 4 Bbls, dual exhausts and more power than just about anything on the road at the time. That is a vintage classic. :thumbup:

Ten years after that, In 1968 I got my first new car. It was a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner that I named "RatRoaster". Ten years later, 1978 there was nothing even comparable being made in this country. By the 80's muscle cars had been reduced to 4 cylinder, Front wheel drive decal packages. They weren't our best days, but, you are correct, they are now "vintage".

quote=Frankie;1530447]1981, eh? Well, I suppose you're right in that you could consider 30 years old, "vintage".

I was 31 back in 1981. A lot of things sucked back then, the new crop of cars from all the makers were among those things. Especially after living through the 60's and early 70's era and the cars that were available from the same manufacturers of the time.

You look at the 024 and the Shelby Charger and compare them to the B body chargers, especially those up to 1970, and you'll understand my meaning. The offerings from the early-mid 70's and 80's were very disappointing to someone who owned and lived through the true muscle care period.

I first got the bug in 1958 when my father bought a 1958 Chrysler 300 with a 392 Hemi with 2 4 Bbls, dual exhausts and more power than just about anything on the road at the time. That is a vintage classic. :thumbup:

Ten years after that, In 1968 I got my first new car. It was a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner that I named "RatRoaster". Ten years later, 1978 there was nothing even comparable being made in this country. By the 80's muscle cars had been reduced to 4 cylinder, Front wheel drive decal packages. They weren't our best days, but, you are correct, they are now "vintage".[/quote]
I agree with you 200 % i was raised in the 1980s so i did not get the pleasure of seeing real muscle cars new. We had a 1981 charger 2+2 and i loved that car. I do think The shelby charger and the dodge mirada are 2 cars that will become collectable in time. I love the looks of the mirada, we had 2 when i was growing up.
View attachment DSC01931.jpg
here is one like what i have in my collection now

-
Back