-> Vintage Photos :Modified Production & Gas

-
thats a cool site

x2

Some sweet pics in there:

kahlcustoms.jpg

johndiannaduster650x613.jpg

flackcomstock78gators2.jpg

Dammit,73! I figured,you had this site on a hot key.Considering,your contrlbs to the Gasser thread!(lol)

theres probably 2500 plus pics right here in the gasser thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=166170&highlight=gasser

Thanks for that link Lance to your earlier thread, I grew up seeing alot of these cars in the late 60's and early 70's. The M/P drag cars were especially crazy back then. Weight to cubes and pretty liberal rules made for some violent cars. The higher classes, E,F,G,H range all had destoked smallblocks in the 265 to 320 range and ran at crazy weights. Some 55-57 chevies ran high 200" engines and weighed in at 37-3800 lbs. Used 6ish gears and 60lb flywheels to get them to launch. Left at 6000+ rpm's and had to change ring & pinions every 5-8 runs. This was with mostly stock engine hardware with rollers and rev kits. Heads and decks were cut so much they used more Barsleak then oil.....lol. I loved it and i miss it:sad1:.

Thanks for that link Lance to your earlier thread, I grew up seeing alot of these cars in the late 60's and early 70's. The M/P drag cars were especially crazy back then. Weight to cubes and pretty liberal rules made for some violent cars. The higher classes, E,F,G,H range all had destoked smallblocks in the 265 to 320 range and ran at crazy weights. Some 55-57 chevies ran high 200" engines and weighed in at 37-3800 lbs. Used 6ish gears and 60lb flywheels to get them to launch. Left at 6000+ rpm's and had to change ring & pinions every 5-8 runs. This was with mostly stock engine hardware with rollers and rev kits. Heads and decks were cut so much they used more Barsleak then oil.....lol. I loved it and i miss it:sad1:.

yes Rick thats the stuff i grew up with. i still have at least 800 pics i havent posted yet ! just taking a break lol i post a bunch of pics on other sites as well

-
Back