Vinyl Roof Trim Location

-

clin10

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would someone post close-up pics of the chrome/stainless trim on the A pillar and quarter panel that terminate the Vinyl Roof on a 1970/1971 Duster? I’m adding a Vinyl Roof to my car that did not come with one. I have all of the trim pieces, just want to be sure I get them as the factory installed. Also, how many clips hold the stainless on the quarter? If anyone has a picture of the studs without the trim, that would be extremely helpful.

Would someone post close-up pics of the chrome/stainless trim on the A pillar and quarter panel that terminate the Vinyl Roof on a 1970/1971 Duster? I’m adding a Vinyl Roof to my car that did not come with one. I have all of the trim pieces, just want to be sure I get them as the factory installed. Also, how many clips hold the stainless on the quarter? If anyone has a picture of the studs without the trim, that would be extremely helpful.
I have a couple of pictures of a 71 that I'm hopefully going to get to work on soon. They are not very good but i can get better ones when i get to the storage yard later.
20190511_152727.jpg

20190511_152734.jpg

Looks like 4 studs per side. I appreciate the pics and if you get better ones, that would be great! Thank you!

Are you going to try and install studs someway, or just use little screws? I'm adding vinyl top trim to my 70 Duster, and had planned on using small screws that will fit the clips.....if I can ever find the clips!

Are you going to try and install studs someway, or just use little screws? I'm adding vinyl top trim to my 70 Duster, and had planned on using small screws that will fit the clips.....if I can ever find the clips!
I’m using screws. I bought the clips from Classic Industries. Part number A1011K. Comes in a group of 10. I believe there is one clip that is different than the 3 plastic clips but have not figured out what that looks like....yet.

Thank you! If your car still has the one clip that is not a stud, can you take a closeup of it as well?
That clip looks like the rusted one in the picture. I'll see if i can get it off and a picture of it.
I'm trying to piece together the trim for this one also. If you run across the long side pieces, keep me in mind. I think i have the other pieces.

That clip looks like the rusted one in the picture. I'll see if i can get it off and a picture of it.
I'm trying to piece together the trim for this one also. If you run across the long side pieces, keep me in mind. I think i have the other pieces.
Thanks! I will keep my eyes open for a set.

Here are some pictures of the mounting tabs.
I couldn't get the clip off but it looks like the sample metal clip picture.

20200626_084132.jpg

MMF.jpg

20200626_084442.jpg

20200626_084526.jpg

20200626_084224.jpg

I went digging in my "spare" parts and found a second set of stainless trim! Are you interested? Just make me an offer.

Wow that's a great find, but i would rather have you set a price so i don't cause any bad feelings. I'd like first right of refusal, if it's ok with you. Thanks, Steve

You know if they are the long trim pieces for the tabs we are taking the pictures for i believe 50 dollars would be a good deal for me and I'll pay you. If its ok.
Let’s make it $35. Your pics were worth at least $15!

776F3E9A-76F5-4171-A3E5-FAC4B48EE578.jpeg

5342E723-6D1B-4FCB-BFA4-90F73CE4077B.jpeg

They are in really nice condition. No dents or kinks. Just very light scratches from 50 years of being on a car. They will buff out like new! I see you are in California. How close are you to Chino? Save on shipping and possible damage.

They are in really nice condition. No dents or kinks. Just very light scratches from 50 years of being on a car. They will buff out like new! I see you are in California. How close are you to Chino? Save on shipping and possible damage.
The pictures were for me to help you. If its ok, you are helping me by looking and finding these. Please let me pay you the 50 plus the shipping. You are giving me a great deal.
I live at 5715 Roscomare St. Bakersfield CA 93308
If you could bubble wrap and a good box, maybe they would make it in one piece:)
How do you want payment? If you want to figure shipping and get back to me, i can get a postal money order or PayPal or whatever you need.
Thank's again

:thumbsup: If he has the 2 back corner pieces, give him $75 and do a happy dance! Kudos to you for being a stand up guy.
I have all the other pieces except those two.
I am doing a happy dance just to be able to complete the trim. The happy dance is not easily done now that I'm old and fat :lol:

Steve, they are safely packed in a heavy duty shipping tube. I will get shipping cost and send total. I will use our FedEx account which we have a discounted rate. I guarantee you they won’t be damaged! Is the address a business or residential?

90F6B944-D619-48EE-9D86-259BBE8BB5B2.jpeg

Steve, they are safely packed in a heavy duty shipping tube. I will get shipping cost and send total. I will use our FedEx account which we have a discounted rate. I guarantee you they won’t be damaged! Is the address a business or residential?

View attachment 1715551973
Wow that looks fantastic. That's my home address. Do you think it would be better to ship to my work?
My work address is Wilson's Industrial Pump, 5310 Norris rd. Bakersfield ca 93308
When you get the costs could you p.m. me and I'll get the payment to you. Thank you again
By the way that's a nice looking Duster in your avatar.

-
Back