vinyl roof

-

papadodge

Reaction score
I want to put a vinyl roof on my 68 dart i have all the trin pieces but whats involvrd?, how do you attach the trim to the car?is there studs available or??thanks for any info papa-d

if you are do a full top you will have to find the trim pieces that go on the bottom of windshield post and the pieces that go from side window to the back glass, these are screw on pieces,
if you are doing a half vinyl, GOOD LUCK
you will need to have clip post welded to top of roof, find nylon clips that holds the trim on the pins
I believe about 10, but not sure, don't even begin to know where to find either of them
plus you will need front trim pieces as stated and the trim to go across top of roof for that body style,,, GOOD LUCK
hope this helps

I have a vinyl top on my 73 duster, wish it wasn't there,
if you want a black roof, Paint It on in my opinion

I want to put a vinyl roof on my 68 dart i have all the trin pieces but whats involvrd?, how do you attach the trim to the car?is there studs available or??thanks for any info papa-d

There are studs at the base of the B-pillar (between quarter window and rear window) that platic clips fit into. The chrome trim then snaps onto the plastic pieces. There are a couple of screws that the chrome trim uses but that is only at each end. Since you've got a '68 Dart, you'll be looking at a full vinyl top since half tops don't exist for 2 door hardtop darts.

You can get the plastic clips from RT Specialties, that is where I got mine from. As for the studs... best bet would be to stop by a body shop to ask about having them welded on.

well i have all the pieces front post, side pieces,as well as the back,just not sure how to fasten them down or what with Guys restoring must have access to thses pieces you would think? thanks papa-d

you must have been typing just before my reply. what kind of studs am i looking for, sorry for being so daft but i have never done one .thanks will check out that other site.papa-d

-
Back