Vinyl top HELP

-

Green_WEDGE

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new bee and I really like the site!!
I am trying to put a full vinyl Top back on my 1970 duster. It had bean removed and all the tabs and screw holes are gone!
I finally got the trim pieces I needed but I cant figure out the exact locations of the tabs.
If someone has dun this before or have a duster that has the top trim removed and didn't remove the clips yet, if you could give some pics that would help a lot!! Thanks

I don't have the measurements you want, however I have added vinyl tops to a few cars that did not come from the factory with one. I put the mouldings on the car in there proper location ( they will really only fit correctly if they are in the right loctaion ), I trace around the moulding and drill holes for the universal mounting clips that are held on with a 1/4 nut. I have done this on many cars and have had great sucess. maybe you could do something like that.

Welcome to the site Green WEDGE. :) Are you just installing the missing vinyl roof, or are you doing any paint/bodywork in conjunction with this? When trim holes are filled in, people usually use 'bondo' to do so. If you don't mind digging around with a sharp pick tool, you can usually locate the filled in trim holes. If your paint is good and you're not re-doing it, this method is obviously not for you. In that cas, just drill new holes and attach the trim. If they're off a bit compared to the originals it shouldn't be a major concern as long as the trim pieces are securely attached. Do a search for cars like yours and maybe you can get a good idea where all the pieces fit. Good luck.

-
Back