Vinyl top kits?

-

BTYM

Reaction score
Are there any vendors out there that sell a vinyl top kit for my '73 dart sport? I would prefer black, with the same grain as it has now.

When I needed to replace the vinyl top on my 66 Barracuda a couple of years ago, I could not find a kit for this car anywhere including Legendary.

I took the car to my local upholsterer and he ordered vinyl top material that matched my seam width and pattern very nicely. Still looks good after two years and the total price including installation was around $300.

You might check with your upholsterer before buying a kit, because unless you are experienced at installing vinyl, you will want to use his services anyway.

Not sure what you are looking for in a ' kit'. Other than the top, you'll just need glue. Prep will vary depending what your starting with. I got my vinyl from Legendary. It comes as a slightly oversized piece with seams in it for A pillars and sides depending which one you order. Used 3M Super Trim Adhesive spray. My canopy top used about 1 big can. I would recommend getting 2 cans to do a canopy or 3 if full top. Canopy top was actually fairly easy. Make sure it's very warm and flexible. Mine laid out decent on top, but gutters probably would have been a lot easier if I had a hotter day or a heat gun.

-
Back