Vinyl Top Thingys

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
OK, this probably isn't the technical term, but for now It will have to do:
I'm looking for the 2 little short chrome thingys that screw to the base of the A-pillars where the vinyl top meets the yellow paint (the part missing in this picture). Each one attaches with a single Phillips screw. My car is a '66 Barracuda, but I believe any early A-body would be the same. I'm pretty sure I can cobble up something, but before I do that.....
Anyone?
Thanks!

Thingy.jpg

Post a wanted ad, hard to find. Do you have the back trim that goes over the top?

Post a wanted ad, hard to find. Do you have the back trim that goes over the top?
Will do. I didn't know there was a hard to find section. With '66 Barracudas with vinyl tops a LOT of the parts are hard to find. :)
I do have all of the other parts although I'm missing a couple of clips for attaching the chrome parts on the top, but I have enough of them to do the job.
Thanks!

I will check my spares. I removed vinyl top and didn't use it after paint on Duster.

OK, thanks. Since mine didn't have the pieces when I got the car - it was apart - I don't know exactly what they look like. Did your Duster's vinyl top extend to the bottom of the A pillars like mine? I know some didn't.

65-66 Valiant Signet models with a vinyl roof have that trim piece too....here is what you need

80FD21B7-7458-46AE-B4EC-8AB93159C022.jpeg

CE5ECA9F-8AFB-42D1-A0AE-BD2CF85F92CA.jpeg

2CC35605-FF8E-43DE-98C7-872FE97B7267.jpeg

I don't recall seeing these before. The ones I saw looked more rounded, but they look like they'd work!

These are correct, not supposed to be rounded....the wide stainless trim covers them up more so you don’t even see much of the pot-metal part.

They are an 1 1/8” long and 1/2” wide...not very big at all. I lost the set I had when I removed an entire trim set from a 66 Cuda I found....later I found a set of trim on a 66 Valiant Signet that had vinyl, so I grabbed that trim as well so I could get the small ones. Later I found the missing set so my sets are complete again.

F66FD12E-0D42-45BA-97A7-8CB577DB6BDB.jpeg

4997FC80-2325-4A13-A013-00C3FA77A911.jpeg

-
Back