vinyl top, whats the difference?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I am wanting to have a vinyl top installed for my Duster. Has anyone used legendary interiors vinyl top? I checked out the website and I am assuming the 3/4 top is the canopy style, is this correct?

Also what is the difference with the "seamless" tops? The prices are both $128. There are no pictures so I thought this would be the best place to ask. I think one in white would defiently make the my Duster stand out.

https://www.legendaryautointeriors....allcatalog2.aspx?class=VT&year=74&desc=duster

Any info is appreciated, thanks

Funny you have posted this question as I was just looking at a new vinyl top for my Duster. I am toying around with the idea of changing to a white top, but I am not too sure if it would look good with a black interior and black hood scoops. I would however also be interested in the original poster's questions regarding the top being a canopy style an the differences in a seamed vs seamless style top. I believe that the OEM style tops had the seams.

You're correct - the original full tops were 3 pieces with seams running lengthwise. I can't say about the canopy tops as I never really paid that much attention to them, don't know if they're 1 pc. or 3 pc. tops.
Somebody else will know for sure.
Here's a pic of a Legendary 3 pc. top our club put on our charity raffle car in 2009 (BTW, the raffle winner entered this car at Mopars At The Strip earlier this year and walked away with the 2nd Place A-Body Modified award and two magazine photo shoots):

1970_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_built_by_Inland_Mopars (Small).jpg

-
Back