viper dash in a dart?

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct location for this post, noticed a few others of mine were moved...oops.

Dunno if you all have heard of the few cudas that have a viper engine and even dashboard in them....look so nasty.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/plymou...-by-time-machines-ar113023/picture409837.html

I was wondering, anyone ever thought about putting one in a dart?
pretty cheap on car-parts.com, may be a cool idea...im intersted in trying.

Anyone know the dashboard differences between the dart and a cuda?
Im gonna have to tear out my dash as it, to rebuild it....maybe I will just try to put a different dash in, instead....

Interesting idea. I'd like to see that myself. I've got a buddy that planned on putting a 2010 Camaro Dash in to his 1965 El Camino but kind of gave up on the whole project. He had it mocked up in the car and it looked great. Almost a perfect fit too

I suspect that a Viper dash would be too wide for an A body. Early 70’s Cuda and Challengers are quite a bit wider than an A body, and probably close to width of a Viper.

Too wide. You need to shorten the frame. There are MUCH better looking dashes you can use though, all generations of Viper dash (excluding 5 which is the inspiration for my dash) are not all that good looking, IMO, and you could do much better.

No pics yet, just drawings, but all my cues are coming from the Gen 5 Viper dash. As soon as parts are available I'm pricing a Gen 5 steering wheel and AC vents, I'm using LCD screens for gauges that will look something like the below with a bezel over it (note, this is the initial mock up and we're still fine-tuning the design). I'm also replacing ALL of my switched with a 10" LCD touch screen. This, coupled with my ISIS system, will control everything from wipers, lights, audio/video, gps, to TPMS, air suspension, and we are working on cruise control. Those screens are still in development. The Viper image below is what I'm shooting for.

file-192.jpg

inspiration & more ore less the goal (except the gauges, can't find a display size that will allow me to do that, yet)
2013-SRT-viper-dash.jpg

I think you and I need to chat a bit more, I have always wanted digital control and feedback in the dart, and never had any direction. You seem to have a lot figured out already.

MiMod HP (mimodhp.com) is the route I'm going. On board mini-pc, coupled with ISIS electrical system (isispower.com) is unbeatable, but also $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

-
Back