Viper or Challenger

-
I couldnt answer that without driving each one for a couple of days. i always loved the vipers , but now that i have kids a back seat would be nice. not too mention i am 6 foot almost 300 pounds and dont know how well i would fit in a viper.

1= I live in Arkansas and love traveling
2= Insurance / MPG
3= I have owned and driven MoPar's and have a reputation to keep
4= There are more Challengers on the road and that means more parts to buy used and not buy from the factory...
5= I have had 3 daily Challengers in my life.

If I had to choose it would be this one for my daily dependable driver and put the savings into my 66 Sedan Victoria :D

Attachments

• Picture 222 069.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 222 070.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 100
  • ebay402%20056.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 99
Make mine a 2002 Viper GTS !!

Park each one next to each other and ask yourself which you would want...no contest the viper is still a better looking car.

Well, no one gives two tits what I think any way, but here goes, Viper or Challenger no way, can't afford to drive either one. So, I will stick with my 67 Baracuda conv. 340 for everyday driving and my 70 Dart 340 for now and then FAST driving. By the way, both are in process!

I think several people are overlooking something the OP said. New challenger or used viper so it'd be the same money. So there's no cost savings by buying the challenger. Actually you lose since you're taking the new car off the lot. Yeah viper mods are more $, but you'd be starting with a much better base car to mod from the get go. Plus figure in losing that warranty that comes with the challenger after you start doing serious mods.

if I had $40K just laying around I'd get the viper. Why? Because according to the picture threads you would get the car and hot ladies would be lining up to lay all over it for pictures. Thats the best of both worlds.

vipers arent really 40 grand here anymore theyre about 25 to 30 grand about as much as one of the wimpy v6 challengers so...... yeah you save money by buying the viper. i seen a viper gts 2002 600 horse for 20 grand. and my ex had one of the new ones lime green hard top. id still like to have one of the first vipers that came out in 94 or 95 but i like convertibles and the original styling, and gts were only hard tops.

if I had $40K just laying around I'd get the viper. Why? Because according to the picture threads you would get the car and hot ladies would be lining up to lay all over it for pictures. Thats the best of both worlds.

Now that's funny right there :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Tuff call and what it depends on is what you do with it.
Here is what I know. I have had the opportunity to drive various Vipers.
They are hella fast, crazy monster power with handling that quenches adrenaline junkies. The down side... they are cramped, uncomfortable, hard to get in and out of (and I am not big) They bump along at slower speeds to almost a nauseating feel. They are NOT smooth for normal driving. The Viper will always bring more coin as they are a collector car.
Now for the challenger... the Challenger.
I have driven the six cylinder, the 5.7 auto, the 5.7 6 speed, the 6.1 auto, the 6.1 6 speed, and the 392 srt auto. They all are very comfortable, easy driving, and have great horsepower when asked for it. Even the six banger gets up and scoots ! By far the manual trans are a load more fun !!! I think they are a great comfortable, quick car, for the enthusiest. The problem... there are going to be more and more and more on the streets. The local "car shows" will have the die hard put his new Chally in it and I will walk by it. I will though... always... go check the Viper at the local car shows.

My Vote : Still the Viper.

-RPM

-
Back