Viper SRT10 rims on a 65 Barracuda?

-

duey_roc

Reaction score
So i want to use the Viper SRT10 rims on my barracuda, but im not sure how i can make it work. My car will be mini tubbed and rear end shortened, so fitment wont be an issue. What about bolt pattern? And one other thing. I want to somehow make the rims slightly wider so i can fit a wider tire on it in the rear. I also wanted to somehow put a 4 to 5'' backspacing on them. Would a custom fabricator be able to do all this? Let me know please!:coffee2:

That is a huge amount of work to fit those wheels. I would look for something that has that look but is 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern and an offset you can deal with. You can build the rear to work with a particular wheel easier than building the wheels to fit the rear.

There are replicas that guys on the lx forum use. And I believe a member here did it already search SWISSWILL I believe that is his user name.

Aj

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I checked the bolt pattern and theyre 5x5.5" i was looking at wheel adapters but i dont know how secure i would feel with those. Factory those rims come 10" wide which is enough for me. So really, the main question is bolt pattern. The mini tub will be tall enough so the rims are tucked almost like a pro street look.

Unless your goal in life is to tell your friends..... "DUDE! I have Viper wheels on my car!", this is an exercise into the ridiculous.

Just order a set of wheels that you like, have the correct bolt pattern and are the size you want.

Unless your goal in life is to tell your friends..... "DUDE! I have Viper wheels on my car!", this is an exercise into the ridiculous. Just order a set of wheels that you like, have the correct bolt pattern and are the size you want.

Sounds like the viper wheels ARE what he wants.

Sounds like the viper wheels ARE what he wants.

Well, that just takes me back to my first post. Just start throwing money at them.

Lets see..... Finding someone to cut up an OEM alloy wheel to modify the backspacing may be difficult and should only cost a couple thousand.

Well, that just takes me back to my first post. Just start throwing money at them. Lets see..... Finding someone to cut up an OEM alloy wheel to modify the backspacing may be difficult and should only cost a couple thousand.

He doesn't need them cut up. He previously posted that the wheels are already the size he wants. Since he will need axles for the mini tub he can have everything taken care of with money that already needs to be spent and he can upgrade the brakes killing 2-3 birds with the same stone.

not all of them are six lug. Only the last 2 generations have the 6x5.5" Bp.

As for the ops initial inquiry. My best suggestion would be custom axels with viper brakes. Since funding apparently isn't the issue

Since all vipers have six lug wheels, I think the OP was referring to the viper style of wheel and should have said as much, because no viper (all gens) have 5x5.5 bolt pattern. That size is probably from the truck.

All Viper's since the dawn of Viper Time have been six-lug.

Type SRT10 wheels into ebay, and you get Ram SRT10 whillz. Type Viper SRT10 Wheels and you get a whole different bushel of rollers.

OP: Buy a Dakota. I think they'll bolt right up.

Since all vipers have six lug wheels, I think the OP was referring to the viper style of wheel and should have said as much, because no viper (all gens) have 5x5.5 bolt pattern. That size is probably from the truck.
All Viper's since the dawn of Viper Time have been six-lug. Type SRT10 wheels into ebay, and you get Ram SRT10 whillz. Type Viper SRT10 Wheels and you get a whole different bushel of rollers. OP: Buy a Dakota. I think they'll bolt right up.
i stand corrected. I'm not sure why it hour the gen1-2 vipers were 5 lug, but I looked it up even and got corrected. My apologies.

Heres the thing guys. Im looking at a future plan. This next coming month, the rear is getting torn out and redone the right way. Previous owner put B body leaf springs in and some homemade slapper bars -_- Its all coming out. The tubs will be in and i can fit them and adjust where necessary to make them fit. And yes my bad i guess im looking at the Ram SRT10 rims. But either way, this will happen eventually i just want to know if its even a possibility. Front end is 440 and BBP disc brakes. Eventually coil overs too lol. Money is only paper right??

I would do research on converting the front bolt pattern to 5 on 5 1/2 inch. The rear is a much simpler conversion than than figuring out a spindle, rotor and brakes that will work. Wheels that are 5 on 4 1/2 inch would be much easier.

Heres the thing guys. Im looking at a future plan. This next coming month, the rear is getting torn out and redone the right way. Previous owner put B body leaf springs in and some homemade slapper bars -_- Its all coming out. The tubs will be in and i can fit them and adjust where necessary to make them fit. And yes my bad i guess im looking at the Ram SRT10 rims. But either way, this will happen eventually i just want to know if its even a possibility. Front end is 440 and BBP disc brakes. Eventually coil overs too lol. Money is only paper right??

Big plans, good luck!

-
Back