-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuda Al

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a voltage regulator cover with the mounting flanges that have the bolt holes.
Not looking for the one that snaps on.
It doesn't need to be perfect as I will be restoring it.
Having the ground clip would be nice.

NOS on the left, my restored one on the right
2018-05-25_011-jpg.jpg

Alan

Looking for a voltage regulator cover with the mounting flanges that have the bolt holes.
Not looking for the one that snaps on.
It doesn't need to be perfect as I will be restoring it.
Having the ground clip would be nice.

NOS on the left, my restored one on the right
2018-05-25_011-jpg.423013

Alan
Alan! Do you restore them for other guys? I need two covers without date code since they did not have that in 1964/1965.

Alan! Do you restore them for other guys? I need two covers without date code since they did not have that in 1964/1965.
Haven't thought about it, I did this one for my Barracuda. It is dry transfer lettering, one letter at a time. This picture was before I put gloss clear over it.

The NOS one in the picture above is a 1961 so I don't see why a 64/65 wouldn't have a date code, maybe the dealer replacements didn't have it.

Here it is installed.
2018-09-01_012.jpg

Alan

Does anyone make a decal or stencil to repaint those covers? I've got one of the aftermarket electronic replacements that look very close to the original, but, it doesn't have the red writing on it.

Does anyone make a decal or stencil to repaint those covers? I've got one of the aftermarket electronic replacements that look very close to the original, but, it doesn't have the red writing on it.
Not that I know of, I'm going to look into both stamps and a dry transfer, when I did this I thought it was a one and done, now I need one more.

Sounds like others would like these done.

The only options are do it yourself or buy the incorrect (in many ways) regulator from Year One.

If I was to do a stamp or dry transfer it would be properly scaled but might get complicated with having different date codes (468 different codes from 61-69).

Alan

Even without the date code would be better than nothing at all. One of those adjustable date stamps might work for that.

"Do not short any terminals to ground" is what is stamped on the old-style voltage regulators. I am about to reinstall mine on a freshly painted firewall. Does anyone know for sure (please, no guessing) whether or not the regulator mounting tabs/screws need to ground on the firewall? Thank you.

"Do not short any terminals to ground" is what is stamped on the old-style voltage regulators. I am about to reinstall mine on a freshly painted firewall. Does anyone know for sure (please, no guessing) whether or not the regulator mounting tabs/screws need to ground on the firewall? Thank you.
As far as I know this was the only style used from 61-69, not counting police cars.

Alan

The factory wiring diagram shows the regulator case as being grounded to the firewall. I would make sure it was.

I think I still have one from my 69 Dodge D200. It has the hole in it for the adjuster knob. I think it was for manually adjusting the voltage. Never saw one before, so I think I saved it.

What's it worth to you? I really don't need it, just kept it 'cause I thought it was cool.

Sorry Alan, I read you response wrong. Though you wanted 1 more adjustable one. OOOPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back