VR1 oil on sale at Autozone

-
Nice, I was just getting ready to go get some for my spring oil change ! Thanks for the info .... As far as the roller cam comment, VR1 #vv205 is conventional 10w30 and kicks *** in non-roller setups ! I dumped Rotella years ago and have been using only VR1

VR1 is one of the best oils for flat tappet cams. Thats why I posted.
Didn't even know that. my apologies. I switched to Brad Penn as I couldn't find any off-shelf oils that had ZDDP anywhere in em. But it looks like for me locally, Brad Penn is cheaper to buy at a case of 12 for $70. But I may have to give it a try and see how I like it

I'm on it. Hope there is no limit.

I bought 10 cases a few years ago, still have some left. They where 12 per case then, I think they are 6 per case now. No limet back then, but they had to order some in for me.

Do they have 10-30 in stores? Last time I looked they only had 20-50

Thanks for the tip i'll be hittin that fo sho... also just so you guys know Mobil 1 now has a similar oil meant for older engines with flat-tappet cams, i believe it's 15w-50 i've tried it works great

They have 50 and 20w50. They told me they didn't make any other weights. They also wondered if my dart came from the factory with fuel injection.

I got some 10/30 racing synthetic last year. It states on the bottle that it has ZDDP for flat tappet cams. My 273 was pretty tight clearances so 10/30 is perfect. tmm

20-50 is conventional oil. Only other they had was 10-30 synthetic.

The add shows a conventional 10W-30 bottle, but that isn't in any of the stores here (autozone or otherwise) and doesn't show up on AutoZone's website.

O'Reilly stocks the 10-30 around here and says they will honor local competitors pricing. Going to try it this weekend.

-
Back