W2 Heads on 1996 Magnum 360 Block

-
A Long snout is a must have with a mechanical fuel pump.
If your going to use an intank fuel pump, no worries.
Hughesengines makes an adapter part for short snout cams to use a fuel pump eccentric.
IIRC, some places said long snout cams do not fit under some (later year) Magnum from covers.

Last edited:
Good to know. I wasn't able to tear into the magnum 360 tonight. I just got home from work 8:30 local time. Have to be back on the job site at 6a.m. This is my first Mopar small block on a very long time, and back then, I was very young and ignorant. I am hoping to have more fun with better decision making this time around. Is the magnum 360 crank also external balance like the LA 360? Need to round up flywheel and damper so that I can take it to machine shop.

Yes your 360 magnum is externally balanced but it uses a different balancer and flywheel weight offset then any LA engine does so make sure your parts are for a 360 magnum engine.

Yes your 360 magnum is externally balanced but it uses a different balancer and flywheel weight offset then any LA engine does so make sure your parts are for a 360 magnum engine.

Thank you for that info. Do you know where I can get a 10.5" flywheel for the Magnum crankshaft?

I am not really sure how many teeth I need. I just assumed that a 10.5" flywheel is what is needed for 4spd. Is that the only option for that flywheel? that thing is more expensive than an aluminum flywheel

Probably no other option unless you rebalance it internally. There maybe other sources for flywheels. Check the net for places like McLeod, Hays, Centerforce, etc... For possible options.

10.5 would be correct and easiest. A 10.95/11 inch wheels like some big blocks have can be a pain not worth doing.

The Magnum to a neutral balance converter requires the stock flexplate or a B&M flexplate.

Got the engine torn down. Crank looks good, going to use stock rods with ARP bolts. need to pick a flat top piston. I will have to stay with the 904 Automatic for a while. I would love to go 4spd ASAP, but it realistically is very far away. Do I use this flex plate for Magnum 360 to 904?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-10239/overview/make/dodge.
Asking because I am trying to get the block and rotating assembly to the machine shop by Friday and would like to go ahead and order parts.

Regarding the heads P/N P5249769, I was told they come with dual exhaust bolt pattern. Can anyone verify this? If so, I was told that standard headers will bolt up and work. This would be great so that I don't have to get the exhaust on the car done twice.

You are aware of the T&D rocker price...? For that money in a W2 top end, and the .550 cam you proposed, you may want to call MRL (vendor here and a great guy) and explore some less expensive options like the MP Commando head or even a ported Edelbrock head. That T&D stuff is just wicked expensive and your cam seems to be shy of the W2's sweet spot. May be a very "inexpensive" call.

You are aware of the T&D rocker price...? For that money in a W2 top end, and the .550 cam you proposed, you may want to call MRL (vendor here and a great guy) and explore some less expensive options like the MP Commando head or even a ported Edelbrock head. That T&D stuff is just wicked expensive and your cam seems to be shy of the W2's sweet spot. May be a very "inexpensive" call.

I appreciate that insight, but I am after a dream here. Maybe silly to some, but I have my sights set.

No prob. I had that dream once...it was dashed when I added it up. Go for it!

Made a good score last night. Was out looking for a manual steering box and I found this. A 742 case 8 3/4. 4.56 gears, spool, supertstock springs, and competiton engineering traction bars. Came with a recently built/balanced drive shaft for Duster with a 727

pics

8.75 rear 1.jpg

8.75 rear 2.png

How much are the TD machine rocker arms?

Last edited:
Damn, thats more than the one we have made for magnum to A833 that has reluctor for factory injection.
Are the T & D offset rockers 1.5 or 1.6 because that cam is listed .535/.550 but with 1.5's which would actually be .570/.587 with 1.6
Pretty serious cam and should be a great combo for unported W2's. What piston/comp ratio are you going to use, 10.5? Should be a pretty hot street build. Do you have a target HP? I would think at least 475 HP. When you figure out what piston and comp, do your engine a favor and call Jim at Racer Brown and ask his advise. I would guess you dont need as much on the exhaust side of things, those heads have lots of exhaust flow, remember you only need less than 70% of intake flow.

Last edited:
Are the T&D rockers the ONLY choice?
Harland Sharp?

Are the T&D rockers the ONLY choice?
Harland Sharp?
I wonder this aswell,i seem to remember Harland Sharps being available with blocks where the stands usualy are and thought that those rockerarmsystems where for raceheads but i might be wrong.

the newer version of the w2 heads no not oil thru the shafts....no provision to oil them thru the shafts.....only pushrod oiling plus they are machine to except the t&d rocker setup...

-
Back