W2 heads on ebay

-
I think you can still buy new ones for that price, maybe a little more

I thought so. I don't know how much better they flow over X heads but that set looks a little steep. I know welding cast iron is tough.

W2s flow way better than X Heads, but also require expensive rockers/shafts/stands. That pedestal wouldn't be the biggest thing to repair for a talented welder, but the price is too high to begin with.

The biggest issue is that the stand bosses have been relocated. Who knows what the heck the correct rockers arms needed for those heads would be? I would avoid those particular heads for that reason alone. The broken pedestal is broken because it was too close to the edge of that stand, and it couldn't take the stress. Avoid someone else's headache.

W2s flow way better than X Heads, but also require expensive rockers/shafts/stands. That pedestal wouldn't be the biggest thing to repair for a talented welder, but the price is too high to begin with.

The biggest issue is that the stand bosses have been relocated. Who knows what the heck the correct rockers arms needed for those heads would be? I would avoid those particular heads for that reason alone. The broken pedestal is broken because it was too close to the edge of that stand, and it couldn't take the stress. Avoid someone else's headache.

I agree, new ones are the same price.

-
Back