W2 problems

-

W2406dart

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm new here, but im not new to mopars. However w2's are new territory. The problem I'm having is I have a mopar performance stroker short block p5007840 it's the 406ci. W2 heads P5007089, rocker shafts P4120589, rocker stands P5249049, rocker arms P4876343 and camshaft P5007696. I had to do the cut to fit pushrods, I put it all together and I can't even turn the motor a quarter turn, the pushrods are hitting the intake side of the heads. I called mopar performance and they thought I was using too thick of a pushrods, but I am using the 5/16 pushrods.

Where am I going wrong?

Yes my rockers are off set like those, mine are the blue ones. I had to do the shafts and stands as the W2's I have are the race style. I'm wondering if I need the offset rocker shafts. I read they are required with the long valve heads, but no mention on the standard length heads.

If you have the race heads with stands...the shafts need to be drilled off center...

rocker shafts P4120589 that part number is off center shaft

P5249049 that part number is the off center stands...

looks like you got the right parts....are the pushrods too long...my w2 used 3/8 pushrods with not touching the heads...but i had flat tappet cam...

you have a hydraulic roller..the roller lifter changes the angle because they are taller...so the pushrod can be hitting the pushrod tunnel

I do have a hydraulic cam, not a roller though. It's the mopar purple 292 with .508 lift.

When I did the pushrods I set the preload on a Hughes engines lifter designed for that. Then cut to fit. I'll put it back together and try to get some pictures.

yes...pictures are worth a thousand words is what i heard.......

Ok well I never figured out how to upload pictures, but I did figure out what my problem was.

I somehow managed to cut my pushrods too long, which caused all my headaches. Motor spins nice and free now. I can now do final assembly and paint it up all nice. Then hopefully get it to a Dyno. I'm expecting around 500hp out of it.

Looking forward to pictures and dyno results.

Welcome aboard!

On my w2 build I had to clearance the pushrod holes on the heads to gain clearance with the hydraulic roller lifters because the angles. I removed a big chunk of material to gain extra space. I don't think I have any pics of what I had to do to get it to work
I have the 3/8 cut to fit pushrods from mancini racing.

-
Back