Wadda ya think?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Aside from killing my computer earlier this week (that's why I haven't been around much...) I've been wrenching away on the old `Cuda. Here's a few recent shots:

SANY3-vi.jpg

SANY0004-vi.jpg

Cosmetically, she's done. The only thing left are the side spears that go on the rocker panel gills....and they have to be restored (along with the grills....) I have to re-adjust the hood too.

SANY0008-vi.jpg

A friend of mine is a graphic artist (whom owns a sweeeeet `68 Fastback) made the PLYMOUTH emblem templates for the center of the hub caps so I could mask and spray them. They look good unless you bend over and look closely....

SANY0006-vi.jpg

That big old ski pole doesn't come anywhere near the seat or the dash. And man is it a blast to row that sucka! But those seats are UGLY... That will be the first thing done NEXT year. After I clean and adjust the windows I'll pop on the door panels and finish up inside.

Last, but not least.... I embelished on the A Bodies logo in the back window.
SANY0010-vi.jpg

Tomorrow I'll tie up the loose ends enough that I can drive it in public and not feel like a half-finished car. Pictures and video to follow.... :toothy10:

That fish is looking more and more amazing every day!! I think I just mentioned wanting more pics of the progress and then I check the new posts and there she is :-D Really looking forward to seeing it upclose, maybe Carlisle next spring if you go. Great work John!!

Nice, really nice! Its hard to tell from the pictures but is that LL1 Turquoise?

Yes it is LL1. When was the last time you saw a `68 in that color? The more I show it around, the more I hear how rare that color is. I wonder if there's any easy way to find out....

Thanks for all the compliments gang. It's been a long, up-hill battle full of broken glass and dog-doo... but I'm just about at the peak. And damn... it looks good from up here! :-D

JohnAmy-vi.jpg

Now to start the search for an early 80's VW Rabbit Ragtop for my Wife....

Big J, it is looking sooo good! I'm betting you've had a stiffy since you drove it around the block a couple o weeks ago:cheers:

Damn John what the hell are you ganna do with yourself when it is all done? Im really ganna miss those "Stuipd F*$^ing pile of SH%# Motherf&@^ing thing isn't the right part" posts of yours with Pantera blasing in the backround lol. Looks like you will have to pull in the slant car and start building that one next.

Looking great and Im still waiting for the smokey middle of Queens burnout video.

The last time, other than the one in my driveway, I saw a 68 in that color, in person, was never.

Yes it is LL1. When was the last time you saw a `68 in that color? The more I show it around, the more I hear how rare that color is. I wonder if there's any easy way to find out....

Thanks for all the compliments gang. It's been a long, up-hill battle full of broken glass and dog-doo... but I'm just about at the peak. And damn... it looks good from up here! :-D

Now to start the search for an early 80's VW Rabbit Ragtop for my Wife....

68home1.jpg

Your car looks a little darker than mine...but it's hard to tell by photographs. My car always looks more blue than green when I take a picture.

BTW: Sweet Notch .... stick or auto?

Damn John what the hell are you ganna do with yourself when it is all done? Im really ganna miss those "Stuipd F*$^ing pile of SH%# Motherf&@^ing thing isn't the right part" posts of yours with Pantera blasing in the backround lol. Looks like you will have to pull in the slant car and start building that one next.

Looking great and Im still waiting for the smokey middle of Queens burnout video.

I kinda jumped on it the other night, but I *tried* to show some restraint. After all, it IS a fresh engine. And I really don't want to build #3 so soon.... but there WILL be video of a smoke show one day. I promise.

And as for pulling apart the Dart, forget it. If I start another project for me before I build one for Amy, she will sever a certain pair of body parts and feed `em to the dog... She get's her Vee-Dub ragtop next, although she does want it painted Mopar FM3. And I'm sure there will be moments of anxiety during it's build... :-D

Your car looks a little darker than mine...but it's hard to tell by photographs. My car always looks more blue than green when I take a picture.

BTW: Sweet Notch .... stick or auto?

Thanks. Yea, it is a hard color to photograph. The car is a stick. It has the console and still has the inland shifter. I brought it up from NC a few weeks ago and since sold my 64. I have to do the motor/trans/rear/front end plus a bunch of little things but I am making progress. I see you have the Hooker headers. I just got done sanding and painting a set today. Are yours the Super Comp? How is the fit?

Love the color, and the car looks sweet. Looks like we need to start a LL1 thread. Hears mine.

jaws rf.jpg

jaws rr.jpg

It sure has been a great ride watching you and the good help show up and work on your Barracuda John.:cheers:
The work on the center of the hub caps look great.:thumleft:
It has been quite a ride just reading and watching your fish grow to
a great LL1 monster.:happy1::thumleft:

Anyone have a pic of KK1? I had a 67 S fastback that was originally that color. That would have been a real cool car if it wasnt rotted to death.

Damn John what the hell are you ganna do with yourself when it is all done? Im really ganna miss those "Stuipd F*$^ing pile of SH%# Motherf&@^ing thing isn't the right part" posts of yours with Pantera blasing in the backround lol.

lol. Yeah, always enjoyed that part too. I can relate to it.

Nice work John!

Variuous Turquoise cars. the 69 valaint 4 door is Seafoam green, not sure exactly what color the rest are.

69V5_turquoise.jpg

67valiant3.jpg

1969%20Plymouth%20Barracuda.jpg

1974-Plymouth-Duster-Green-360.jpg

What the heck, here are some more. The light conditions in various pictures makes it hard to determine exactly what the color loks loke sometimes, and paint charts don't always look the same.

9sec_CJ7a.jpg

67_Valiant-Signet.jpg

68_barracuda_318_original_blue_1.jpg

68_Cuda_2.jpg

valiant-titel-500-350.jpg

Dsc02681 (Small).jpg

This 65 Plymouth is KK1 medium turquoise, as the owner told me.
It has an aluminum sprint car smallblock and is a ferocious car to watch!

Mopar 9-08 027 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 031 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 037 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 038 (Small).jpg

That 65 belongs to Mike Mullgard, from Loveland CO. And yes, that is one bad *** small block.

-
Back