Wadda ya think????

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK.... wadda ya think of my latest expenditure of excess energy?

white1_680x510.jpg

I don't wanna hear any crap about "rice", guys.... these damn gauges are BURIED in the dash! The white face should make them easier to see. Plus they now match my Autometer tach that lives on the edge of my dashboard.
white2_680x510.jpg

I still have to polish the lenses and re-paint the center and metal dividers. The needles will be flouresent red.
white3_680x510.jpg

The hole in the center of the clock trim is so I can adjust the time with a thin screwdriver. I swapped in a quartz VDO clock that I found new on e-Bay for $21.

I pulled apart an extra set of gauges and ground off the lip around the edge so the gauge faces would sit flat on the photo copy bed at Staples. I had the image reversed and printed on glossy paper. I anticipate a small hassle trying to get the paper gauge faces to conform to the slightly dished face of the gauges. I'll post the results after I finish.

I like the look. I also would be interesed in trying this. Great job

TheCrazyCheesehead said:
John you got the images saved to disk by any chance??? If so send me a copy

Ya know.... the substance abuse in the 80's catches up with me from time to time. I went to Staples saying to myself I should save this on disc, but then my brain switches off. :dontknow:

I'll try & punch it on a disc over the weekend. It's just a matter of stopping by and having them re-shot. Thanks for the compliments gang!

BTW: They cost about a $1.00 a sheet to have done!

fastback383 said:
They look great John. How did ya do it ???
Dave.

Scroll up to the original post. I gave a brief out line of how I made them. Now all I gotta do is assemble it and make it all work...;)

-
Back