Wagon rear seat

-

timbolia

65Wagon
Reaction score
So, the rear lower seat in the wagon, can I use a seat from a 2 or 4 door? or are those one piece? I need mine redone if not I guess.

Attachments

• Dint3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 160
I'll say up front, I don't know for sure, but I would be stunned to hear that the 4 door lowers would not work. Interested in seeing the answer.

I too suspect the sedan lower seat should work. I ended up pitching front and rear seats to swap in a 65/66 Barracuda interior. The rear fold down seats fit right in like it was made for it as does the fronts. Still working on removing the original rear seat latches so as to weld in the Barracuda stuff.

So, the rear lower seat in the wagon, can I use a seat from a 2 or 4 door? or are those one piece? I need mine redone if not I guess.
I had a simular question and got some pictures from 38 Dodge.
Here is a stock 62 rear seat picture, hope it helps.

Attachments

• rearseat1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 154
The upper or back of the seat is OK, and I know that is the one that is particular to the wagon. I will keep asking around though.

That is the first I had heard of using a Barracuda interior though, cool idea. I would love to see pics on that project.

That is the first I had heard of using a Barracuda interior though, cool idea. I would love to see pics on that project.

Here ya go! The seat cushion fits right in place. The seat back hinges bolt right to the original mounting studs as used by the wagon fold down seat. Besides using the rear seat from a 65/66 Barracuda, I am using the front buckets from a 66 Dart since they are narrow enough to use a buddy (fold down) seat from a 68 B Body in between them. Upholstery-wise I special ordered from Legendary upholstery for a 66 Barracuda in 65 Barracuda light blue metallic since I had ordered the buddy seat in that color before realizing it wouldn't fit between 65 seats. Still mocking everything up. I cut down the metal filler panel behind the seat and will carpet the whole area in 66 Dart dark blue to match the color of carpeting on the back of the front seat backs.

Attachments

• instrument cluster 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 129
Sweet! Have you started a resto thread on your wagon? I would love to read it.

Not as yet. Have started a couple of threads on a couple of different things but never put them all together.

-
Back