Wana Buy BUT ,Whats the difference in dart convertibles 67-68-69??

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Here's the deal; I'm looking at a 67 Dart vert needs a little work,(NEEDS:new top,seat covers,carpet,paint,new engine,but its a solid car, price is $5k but anyway Its a GT . Whats the difference in the years 67-68-69 ? Is one better to have than the others ? Is one year worth less than the others? What else is there to look at?? Is it worth it?
Need advice

the main difference in 67 is no 340. 68,9 340 cars are more popular than 67 due to the 340 engine be it vert , swinger, whatever.

other than that - purely cosmetic (tail lights, grilles, trim, side markers, interior...) If it needs a new engine, you can throw whatever you want in there - regardless of what was original.

If it needs a new engine anyway, and the price is right, snag it up. Ya know what they say, if the top goes down, the price goes up!

other than that - purely cosmetic (tail lights, grilles, trim, side markers, interior...) If it needs a new engine, you can throw whatever you want in there - regardless of what was original.

other differences

radio has knobs (68/69 thumbwheels), antenna (different size mounting hole), dash pad one year only ( 67 - 76 all interchange) Idler arm one year only, Gas tank one year only (single strap beteen frame rails)

Mine was a slant 6, auto on column, no console, with little options. Now it has a 71 340, 4 speed, AC, PS, pearl paint, cloth top, plush carpet and has 68 bucket seats, 69 hood and GTS stripe, 67 trim delete, 68/69 fender mounted turn signals, disc brakes

View attachment 172216

View attachment 172217

View attachment 172218

actually the value is more in what you think it is worth and what year you like best.

I like the 69 Dart the best. They had 3 years to perfect the car. Overall the style & trim is best in 69.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

The reason I have a 67, I got a deal on it and my wife liked it. Built the way I thought I wanted it.

There were about 3,700 67 Dart convertibles. ALL convertibles are GT or better (GTS, Swinger)

If you try to restore to correctness it can be harder to do with a 67 due to some of the one year only stuff not being reproduced.

I STILL HAVE NEW IN THE BOX LEGENDARY DARK BLUE INTERIOR FOR A 67 CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE

It seems there are several convertibles for sale. Don't know how many 68/69 were made but see more 67 convertibles than the other years. Was this because they made more, don't know, but if I didn't have my convertible I would be checking out the 69 convertible right here in the for sale section

If you like it and it is a deal you might want to go for it and built it the way you like

The 67 is a great year...okay so I am biased. I have a pic of mine in Sig.

My car has been restored with a 360. The problem I am having is trying to source the wide lower rocker trim that runs under both doors. 68,69 have very narrow ones. I have been watching for quite a while..no luck so far.

$5000 and it needs all that work in this economy? Seems kinda high to me. I know a girl that bought a 68 rag top with a slant/auto and runs and drives great, new top good int and older thin paint but driver and presentable looking. Very solid car. She paid 7k for it two years ago.

$5000 and it needs all that work in this economy? Seems kinda high to me. I know a girl that bought a 68 rag top with a slant/auto and runs and drives great, new top good int and older thin paint but driver and presentable looking. Very solid car. She paid 7k for it two years ago.
Been looking ... I thought a little high too but unless you have a secret stash of them............. There is a couple here on FABO but look at those prices. I'm not saying their not priced right but I am Cheap. With a captial C. Maybe I'll keep looking.. I do have time..

67 had the antanea on the drivers side fender and the 68-69 had on the passenger side fender, and vin number is on drivers side door jamb, 68-69 vin is on the dash

Depending on how far down you want to break it, each year has lots of unique parts. The '67 just has more than '68-9....

I've had a few 69's and a few 68's and I prefer the look of the 68. I picked up this 68 GT convertible in Mooresville NC in 1999 for 6k with a /6, 3 on the tree, fac A/C. Converted it to a 440/auto/8.75, semi GTS clone.

Grill,round side marker lights and tail lights look better on a 68 IMO.

IMGA0860.jpg

IMGA0851.jpg

IMGA0852.jpg

IMGA0855.jpg

IMGA0854.jpg

Grill,round side marker lights and tail lights look better on a 68 IMO.

This!!

I bought mine a year ago for 6k (`68 vert). It's a GT and the guy had every piece to clone a GTS. I mean everything... hood, door panel emblems, side letters, everything ...including the grill piece! It is a 340/auto. He gave me buckets and a center console too. The trans was shot and there rust holes in the quarters. I wanted a GTS but can't afford one. This is as close as I will ever come to owning one. If the body is good and you are ok with the needed repairs then I say go for it. The bodys on the converts can be very rusty so watch for that. You know how is goes...you will find a better one right after you buy one! That's my luck, anyways!! So I no longer look after I buy something...these days! :glasses8:

My Dad has a 67 vert and I have a 69 ( for sale ) vert and there are actually a lot of small things that are different. I know my Dad has had difficultty finding some parts since they are 67 only ( I know he had to do a lot of work to the fenders to make them work with his grille ). I also know that the sider marker lights are different, the radio is different, the seats are different, the tail lights are different and some other little things. A lot of the differences don't really matter unless you are wanting to restore it back to correct for a 67...

I still say, if you think its a good deal, jump on it. It is awesome riding around in a Dart vert!!!

-
Back