wanna see my turtle?

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I had a turtle installed by Andy Dittmer. His Dad I guess invented them. Brodix uses them. It's supposed to really increase TQ and give some HP. I'm hoping it will help out on the bottom end. He said I would need to jet down 2 sizes front and rear.

MVC-035S.jpg

MVC-035S.jpg

I'm gonna start polishing the intake and it will be spring before I get it back on. I've got a ton of work to do to the car before I get it back on the road. I'm going back to the chasis dyno this spring to see the results.

Hey..i've seen them in the M1 intake manifolds for the magnum motors.

The rear lives. It was just the wheel studs and caltracs that got hurt.

I don't understand either this goes against everything I thought I knew which wasn't much to begin with. Is the turtle trying to make the swirl effects that a 2 stage intake with a big spacer? Kinda give you the best of both intake styles mega torque and high rpm's?

I would think it basically smooths out and directs the flow!
Think of it as a mirror-image of a Super Sucker-type carb spacer!
Air and fuel flow doesn't like sharp edges or running into flat surfaces.

locomotion, did you get my email with Andy's number? he's a cool guy. He will install the turtle for free if you send him your intake. I would imagine he could do anything custom that you need to meet the rules of your class.

Yes, I got it! Thank you very much.:thumleft:
I've been busy getting things ready for my first race this coming weekend.
I'll try to call later this week. Don't wanna disturb anybody during the SuperBowl! :cheers: :D

Locomotion said:
I've been busy getting things ready for my first race this coming weekend.

Wish I could be saying the same! We have a couple more months to go until Mopar driving season gets here.

-
Back