want more power from my 318...

-
I would tune it the best you can before buying a new cam.
You said you think you have a exhaust lobe gone on the cam????
What makes you think that???
The pitcher of the motor is of cylinder #2 and the adjustible rocker that someone installed.
This is likely due to a stamped rocker breaking and being replaced with an adjustible rocker, because thats all they had.
That adjustible rocker is on cylinder #2's exsaust valve.
It's most likely not tight enough to open the exsaust valve all the way makeing the motor skip and run like a bag of rocks.
I would get all your rockers on correctly and do a compresion test.
If it checks out, i would run the motor the way it is to see if you have any other problems first.It might have a good cam in it already and run like a bear. GOOD LUCK:burnout:

P.S. GET A BOOK ON BUILDING SMALL BLOCK MOPARS AND A CHILTONS MANUAL ON YOUR YEAR CAR.

LOTS of 318s have rotators;
and I'd bet that casting number is 163 instead of 168(last 3 numbers) I have a set of '163's here that came on my 83 3/4 ton; they have rotators; and I have had several other sets of LA heads with them; police, H.D and trucks mostly had them.

sorry I haven't replied in a while I've been really busy and now my car is in a shop getting some body work done. I changed that 273 rocker out with a stamped rocker for a 318 and it runs a lot better but it still has a slight tick when it's running on that cylinder.

Where can I get a set of 302 or magnum heads cheap and in good condition?

sorry I haven't replied in a while I've been really busy and now my car is in a shop getting some body work done. I changed that 273 rocker out with a stamped rocker for a 318 and it runs a lot better but it still has a slight tick when it's running on that cylinder.

Where can I get a set of 302 or magnum heads cheap and in good condition?

318's love magnums. It's an easy conversion also. There were a couple of guys selling rebuilt magnums on here for a good deal. Here you go. He may still have them. Just PM him. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=87995&highlight=magnum

Here is another set for sale. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=84997&highlight=magnum

-
Back