Want To Build Garage

-
here is my new addition ...48 x 34 ...1632 sq ft,,,, fits six cars or four with a ton of storage,,,,cost to date is 6k ..includes roof, doors and windows. i use a combination of pole and stick framing ( saves on concrete cost ) pm me if you want more info or design help...Ron

new barn 001 (Small).jpg

new barn 002 (Small).jpg

new barn (Small).jpg

go ahead and build it at least twice as big as you thought you will not regret it down the road. also be sure to build it tall enough to put a above ground lift in it somewhere. they sure come in handy every now and then and can be purchased very reasonably, again you won't regret it, believe me been there done that.

I got over 8 quotes when I was looking to build. The pole barn framed building I ended up going with was $20,000 cheaper then the lowest block foundation/stick frame quote I got. This was around 2006 when all the contractors were booked and didn't need work. Funny how it wasn't that long ago everything was booming and the only way they would take the job is if they could make 200% profit. Completely different environment now.

Paved1.jpg

Finished2.jpg

I got over 8 quotes when I was looking to build. The pole barn framed building I ended up going with was $20,000 cheaper then the lowest block foundation/stick frame quote I got. This was around 2006 when all the contractors were booked and didn't need work. Funny how it wasn't that long ago everything was booming and the only way they would take the job is if they could make 200% profit. Completely different environment now.

What brand name build did you end up going with and who was the installer?

Thanks

What brand name build did you end up going with and who was the installer?

This contractor was hired to build the garage:

http://www.conestogabuildings.com/

Number: 1-800-544-9464

They provided the design, materials, and labor. I wanted the new garage to match the house and they worked with me to achieve that goal. All I did was install the electric and build the deck, they did everything else. Estimates are free so give them a call. They will come to your house, sit down to discuss, and then work up an estimate.

Extensive grading was needed to prep the site but they recommended a partner that I hired for that work. There is five feet of fill in the one corner to bring the grade up to where I wanted it. Many builders just didn't want to deal with the grading issue.

SidedBack1.jpg

Friend of mine just had a 24x48 four car garage block foundation built by these guys. Very reasonable price:

Levi Stoltzfus
Wakefield Builders
1622 Lancaster Pike
Quarryville PA 17566
Phone: 717-548-2016

Friend of mine just had a 24x48 four car garage block foundation built by these guys. Very reasonable price:

Levi Stoltzfus
Wakefield Builders
1622 Lancaster Pike
Quarryville PA 17566
Phone: 717-548-2016

Can you tell me what it roughly cost your friend and would you be so kind to post a few photos of his four car garage?

Thanks

Can you tell me what it roughly cost your friend and would you be so kind to post a few photos of his four car garage.

I asked him to send me some pics so as soon as I get them I'll post them up. He got 2x6 studs, hip roof, double sided insulated doors with windows, extra thick concrete floor, 30 year shingles, vinyl siding, and stone facade half way up the front walls. They also worked with him to design the building to meet his needs. They were a bunch of Amish people who built it. It was just completed a few weeks ago and they were done in about one month start to finish. My friend is an incredibly anal guy and he was very happy with the whole process.

I believe it was right around $34,000 for labor and ALL materials (unfinished inside and no electric). The price was incredibly low considering what he got. The lowest quote he got from a local contractor was in the $55,000 range and that was before any extras were added.

-
Back