Want to change from 22 in radiator to a 26 in radiator

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Will be changing radiator in my 1973 duster and want to add the HD Cooling package with a 26 in Radiator
Need Help on how to do it right
Thanks Emilio

Grab a cut off tool or hack saw and cut out everything that sits in front of the radiator or your wasting your time and money. You probably dont need a 26 looks like you just like to spend money.

Gee thanks for not helping tekslk :wack::finga:
I dont like to waste money I just want to have the bigger radiator
if you think it is a waste of money just be glad it aint comin out of your pocket

On my '74 Duster I had to cut the radiator support sheetmetal on both sides to open the area for the 26" radiator. I made a fold on the new edge for some strength.
TEKSLK needs to take his meds if that's all he can contribute.
If you still need any help private message me. I'm in Apollo Beach.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked on cross flow radiators, they cool 20 to 30% cooler than the old style.

your 73 should have had a 26" radiator as a factory option so all you need to do is get the appropriate tanks brackets and radiator and you should be good to go, i wouldn't think there is any cutting/welding etc even necessary! I have a 2-row 26" radiator from a 78' volare 318-4bbl factory a/c car for sale, if you're in need shoot me a PM. -Dan

Thats what I thought.When I was racing my dart I put a 26" radiator in it from a 74 dart.In your car you should have the holes allready there.Mark
your 73 should have had a 26" radiator as a factory option so all you need to do is get the appropriate tanks brackets and radiator and you should be good to go, i wouldn't think there is any cutting/welding etc even necessary! I have a 2-row 26" radiator from a 78' volare 318-4bbl factory a/c car for sale, if you're in need shoot me a PM. -Dan

-
Back