want to go with steel wheels that fit dogdish caps

-

dans4door1970

Reaction score
Ok. The 408 is in and it screams, but since this is a stock 4door grandma sleeper I want to go back to my stock 14 inch wheels up front and my factory, red line dog dish caps. I have them. In the rear it would be nice to go with a 15 inch wheel in an 8 inch wide pattern that the dogdish will fit on cause i'm going to run Nitto street slicks. I don't want to tub the car. I believe the forum has said i'll need a 15x8 with 4.5 inch backspace to fit the stock wheel well. Correct? I still have the factory drum brakes with the small 5 bolt pattern and would like to stay that way. If I have to change, will a different drum with a 4 1/2 bolt pattern fit my brake shoes?
Any ideas? I will paint the wheels green to match the car.
Thanks much. almost done!!!

I have a pair of 15 x 8 steel wheels powdercoated black, small bolt ( 4") pattern with a 4.5 backspace.
PM me for price , I am in Indiana. The wheels hit my springs on a 70 Duster , with a 255-60-15. Had to
use a 1/4 inch spacer to make them clear. Never drove around on them , test fit only. Going to buy a pair
of 15 x 8 steel wheels with a 4 inch backspace , they may rub the fender slightly , but at least will not hit the springs.

Frank

I have a pair of 15 x 8 steel wheels powdercoated black, small bolt ( 4") pattern with a 4.5 backspace.
PM me for price , I am in Indiana. The wheels hit my springs on a 70 Duster , with a 255-60-15. Had to
use a 1/4 inch spacer to make them clear. Never drove around on them , test fit only. Going to buy a pair
of 15 x 8 steel wheels with a 4 inch backspace , they may rub the fender slightly , but at least will not hit the springs.

Frank
Thanks. I will have the same issue. I may stay with my 14's and run the widest TA that will fit

20151109_172729.jpg
I had my wheels made here, class act.

http://themopardude.com/New_Custom_2.html

They are off standard Dodge full wheel covers,
102_0033__04976.1441805083.1280.1280.JPG
they unbolt. Then I put them on Plymouth road runner hubcaps

-
Back