WANTED – 1/25 Scale Long Tube Headers

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
Looking for a set of headers for my Dart project w/a 440 from the Monogram Superbird kit. Looked thru my stash and found nothing that works. If you have an extra set that you’re not using or can recommend a kit with a nice set of headers, shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

IMG_0998.jpg

Hope you're not too picky about the brand. I wound up using BBC headers on my '67 Coronet R/T replica I'm building. Using the Drag-On Lady kit with a 440 from a Dart. Nothing Mopar that I had would fit. It's probably going to be tighter in the Dart. I'm also building a '67 GTX replica from the S&M kit with a 440. Fortunately that car was bone-stock when I owned it so stock manifolds fit fine.

They were from the AMT '67 Chevelle Pro Street kit. I used the engine in a '55 I'm building. They were tight but worked in the Coronet. Even the Hemi headers that came in the Coronet kit wouldn't work with the 440. I tried headers from various kits- from the Color Me Gone '64 Dodge to a '70 SuperBee.

How about fabbing them from the sprue? Bend and strerch them up over a heat gun. I wish it were that easy for our 1:1 metal cars.....

I have some crappie amt general Lee hemi headers. That being said the 68 hemi dart has a good set in it alone with the Revell daytona charger 2 in 1 .not the amt daytona it's the same as the general Lee with a wing it's a bad kit for detail.

I used to make headers out of soldering wire all the time

Easy to work with and already has the right finish

The collector is the only tricky part, but I would just file or grind the runners down, grab a proper size piece of styrene and heatshrink it together

(very similar to this guy, except he doesnt put the reducers in i used to)

Making Headers

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the replies guyz. Gonna either buy a suitable kit and rob the headers or make my own out of solder.

Diymirage - The link for making headers out of solder is awesome. I looked on the net for something similar but couldn't find anything.

I used to make headers out of soldering wire all the time

Easy to work with and already has the right finish

The collector is the only tricky part, but I would just file or grind the runners down, grab a proper size piece of styrene and heatshrink it together

(very similar to this guy, except he doesnt put the reducers in i used to)

Making Headers
That's purdy badass man. If only real ones were that easy to make. lol

Thanks for all of the replies guyz. Gonna either buy a suitable kit and rob the headers or make my own out of solder.

Diymirage - The link for making headers out of solder is awesome. I looked on the net for something similar but couldn't find anything.
the fabo of model building is right here : Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials - Model Cars Magazine Forum

here is one similar, but with copper

Building exhaust headers from copper - Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials - Model Cars Magazine Forum

Last edited:
Not sure for your particular application, but the headers from a Revell '68 Firebird (400) seem to fit a lot of engine/chassis combinations. And they have the correct port spacing for big/small block Mopars.

Not sure for your particular application, but the headers from a Revell '68 Firebird (400) seem to fit a lot of engine/chassis combinations. And they have the correct port spacing for big/small block Mopars.

I have that kit (for another replica build) but didn't look in it for headers. It will be a stock build and won't need headers. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

-
Back