Status
Not open for further replies.

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, just like the title says I'm looking for a clean BLACK dash pad for a 1967 Barracuda. Mine is cracked so I'd like one as clean as possible and free from blemishes and cracks.

Worst case scenario: I'll entertain dying a different colored pad, as long as it's clean. I might even take a cap if that's all that's out there. Post up or PM with what you have available. Thanks!

Chris

I have a perfect dash pad ( black in color ) for your car, this is a factory used pad, no cracks or wipes

150.00 + shipping, lower 48 states only

mopar charlie

Hey guys, just like the title says I'm looking for a clean BLACK dash pad for a 1967 Barracuda. Mine is cracked so I'd like one as clean as possible and free from blemishes and cracks.

Worst case scenario: I'll entertain dying a different colored pad, as long as it's clean. I might even take a cap if that's all that's out there. Post up or PM with what you have available. Thanks!

Chris
....................................................................................................
Here's a couple of photos of the one I have. I didn't 409 the thing but just dusted it off so it looks a little uneven but will clean up fine. The close-up shows a dimple on top where something was leaning in it.

Attachments

• 100_0711.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_0712.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 297
Bump... still looking for a clean pad, believe it or not. If anyone that posted in here still has theirs for sale, shoot me a PM.

I have a real nice one for $2000, that includes the rest of the car!

I do have a clean one here in south Jersey, and if the car doesn't sell soon I will part it out! Don't know how soon you need it.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 172
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 174
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 162
I have a real nice one for $2000, that includes the rest of the car!

I do have a clean one here in south Jersey, and if the car doesn't sell soon I will part it out! Don't know how soon you need it.

Not in a crazy rush, just looking for the right piece for the right price. Let me know if you end up parting it out. It looks pretty clean from where I'm sitting. Thanks!

67 is a hard year. If you're not crazy about original/correct, go with a 69-76 style.

I have excellent, solid core pads for $50 each. Throw a cap on top, and you're good to go for like $100 total.

Thanks Tony, but my car is pretty correct for a '67 (as far as appearance goes) and I've taken a lot of time and spent a lot of money getting correct trim and things of that nature. I'm holding out for a nice '67 pad, or I'll send my own out to JustDashes.

I believe I have a very nice black '67 off a car and stored inside for 18-20 years! I'll check in a couple of days. Yeah '67 different than '69 & up, more of a point on the edge.

I don't understand why you haven't sent your OEM out for restore. Whether it was a one year only piece or not, Soft parts don't last 50 years. A beautiful OEM that looks like 200 bucks could very well crack when pinched or just up and split for no reason other than a ambient temperature swing. Those you have turned down are now a few years older.
About my own... This car was well kept by the original owner and the dash pad looked very very good when I bought it. The vinyl was shrinking away from the top of the door panels. The drivers elbow pad was cracked. The fold down armrest was cracked. all these pieces are the same age, just some had suffered more of the human effects. Anyway..,When I had the dash apart for other reasons, I noticed the steel backing peeking out from under the corners closest to the windshield. The entire fold there was turning loose too. So, the metal corners were trimmed/rounded just enough to have the shrunken vinyl reach, cover, and fold. Then gorilla glue and clamps, and it looks nearly perfect again. Today it is the only OEM soft part in the interior. Those of us who have these pieces don't dare hit or pinch the outer most area and we don't sell them unless we total the car. Even then, 150 and up with no warranty. So... Knowing every needle found in the haystack will be dull, why not straighten and sharpen the needle you have ? I see only 2 wise options, Just Dashes, or wait for Wong the Chinaman to repop them. As for my 67 vert project, if I did send that red cap to Just Dashes, I would also throw the hard shell cap over it in effort to protect my investment.

Thanks Tony, but my car is pretty correct for a '67 (as far as appearance goes) and I've taken a lot of time and spent a lot of money getting correct trim and things of that nature. I'm holding out for a nice '67 pad, or I'll send my own out to JustDashes.

how about a perfect reproduction one? 67 is a one year only pad NOW being reproduced, in colors and black for $285 plus shipping available with metal core(will need a core back) or abs backing no core needed

also U.S. MADE no china junk here

pm me for details im in touch with guy reproducing these I have the first one at home ill post up some pics

Attachments

• dash pad.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back