Wanted 354 or 392 hemi

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure were you are located but I think there is one listed on the Lex. KY Clist

I might can help you out. What's your budget?

thanks for the offers and input guys a DeSoto Hemi sounds cool but I am looking for a chrsyler

It is going to go into a B-body just to be different already spoken to Bill at RMS motorsport he can build an alterkation that will support the engine. Going to put the engine on a diet aluminum heads intake timing cover front cross over everything.

I have a dizzy, 4 bbl intake, rocker arm assembly, and valve covers off of a 331. PM me if interested

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 613
It is going to go into a B-body just to be different already spoken to Bill at RMS motorsport he can build an alterkation that will support the engine. Going to put the engine on a diet aluminum heads intake timing cover front cross over everything.

You will probably have a little more room then me. This is my 68 Dart. They are a great conversation piece. I was told by our local old Hemi expert to use 354 over 392. Their alittle lighter but vertually bullet proof. I'm bored to a 371 about 450HP . These things have so much meat I was told I could 80 over If I wanted. I really don't have that much into it for the horse power.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 627
Nice looking dart zigs. A chance has come up to buy a complete Industrial 354 for 2000 he also is selling 392s just the crank and block for 2200 plus shipping. What do you guys think?

also Zigs did you go with the stock K member?

Nice looking dart zigs. A chance has come up to buy a complete Industrial 354 for 2000 he also is selling 392s just the crank and block for 2200 plus shipping. What do you guys think?

Is the 354 running? Thats alot for a dead Hemi even with a junk 392 thrown in. I bought mine for $450. It also was an industrial, came off a dairy farm. Industials are the best ,water jackets are through out the block also has the bigger valves.These things fully dressed in cast iron weigh out about 770 , heaviest of all v-8s produced second to the 392.
Yes I'm using stock K member I'm running 383 torion bars. You said you would be getting aluminum heads that will help. Stock heads are about 75lb a piece. You'll need to go to a center sump oil pan. There are alot of good web sites devoted to Gen 1 hemis. If you want Pm me and we can talk Hemi . I'm interested in what you got going

I specialize in installing gen 1 early hemi into B-E CARS, without changing the factory K-member, I sell the motor mounts, etc parts needed for this installation, without modifing the K-Member, and not cutting up your car, so your original drivetrain can be reinstalled if you wanted to.

mopar charlie
727-271-5068

see attached photo, 70 cuda

Attachments

• DSCN0335.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCN0332.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 581
  • CHARLIE CAMPBELLS 70 CUDA.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 610
  • CHARLIE'S CAMPBEELS ENGINE.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 646
  • DSCN0337.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 602
Check out a place called "big als toy box" completely built blown 392 or 354 for about $15,000.even comes with a warranty. Thats cheap with no aggravation trying to round up the good parts from the junk available that everybody thinks is worth a million $$$$.been there done that.
See my avatar

Be careful. If it's really an industrial motor, it has a bastard crank and block. Some industrials were marked industrial, but were really automotive blocks and cranks. You can get the stamped number off of it and call HOT Heads and they can tell you exactly what it is. That number is located on the front of the block, RIGHT behind the water pump on the edge of the intake valley. The casting number cannot be seen unless you remove the intake manifold. It is in between the block face area and intake valley edge. A lot of people have been ripped off and sold something pretty worthless, so be careful. Bob Walker at Hot Heads is a really good guy. He will help you out.

Check out a place called "big als toy box" completely built blown 392 or 354 for about $15,000.even comes with a warranty. Thats cheap with no aggravation trying to round up the good parts from the junk available that everybody thinks is worth a million $$$$.been there done that.
See my avatar

PAW has that beat. You can get a whole blown 392 for like 8K. Course you gotta assemble it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back