Wanted : 4 speed console side cover

-
Hey Curt the screw in pic is in there good. Bear with me Im wondering what to spray on it to free it up? The fibreboard cover will absorb what I use. I just dont want the fibre to "soften. Im all outta viagara...gotta keep the wood hard

20170419_150150.jpg

Inbox cleared. I hadn't looked at since it went to conversations and so few were available.

Mine has an extra screw, but I am guessing that is not factory.

I have never even seen an a body with factory four speed and console up close

I haven't seen it in person yet lets see what I can come up with, is that thing in the mail yet????

yes the factory one it is like a resin coated cardboard with a carpet overlay. I had posted a lot of pictures here of the factory one awhile ago. I have a factory one - but... I do have one of the e-bay guys old re-pop which is made from a formed plastic of sorts.. It has been sitting on shelf for last few years waiting on the car. It has not been used. I would be willing to send it to you to Waggs to make others from, IF I can get it back. It is slightly different from factory one. It appears he designed it to be used on both a modified auto console and 4-speed console. =) It appears like the fiberglass one pictured in the beginning of this thread but of different material as mentioned.

Inbox cleared. I hadn't looked at since it went to conversations and so few were available.

Mine has an extra screw, but I am guessing that is not factory.

Yeah, Jim factory only had one screw, middle, and one clip. There wasn't a front clip. It was kind of a cheesy design really...

Can't wait to see the progress. Definitely put me down for one if they get re-created.
I'm also very interested in one as well. Something tells me there is a big time need for these. I know I'm at the back of the line but I'd definitely take one.

Carl

I was wondering how much more access the Hurst shift mechanism needed verses the Inland since I have seen 66 console photos without the side hump. I imagine this might have just been a "learning curve" issue and was added for better and ease of access for adjustment. OR, Was there a clearance issue with the Hurst mechanism or handle connection and the console?
I was hoping to use Brewers modified Hurst shifter that accepts the Inland console handle (since I have one) and my auto console with the new 4 speed top plate. I would prefer to not cut the auto console above the carpet covered area and keep the stock 66 look. Maybe make a less dramatic access/bump.

I'm still interested too.

If I could get my hands on one I would make a buck and re-pop them out of fiberglass or 3d print them in sections (out of ABS) and glue together.

Hey Curt the screw in pic is in there good. Bear with me Im wondering what to spray on it to free it up? The fibreboard cover will absorb what I use. I just dont want the fibre to "soften. Im all outta viagara...gotta keep the wood hard

View attachment 1715040256
I would tighten it a little then back it of and work it back and forth gently

I have had a little setback, I did get a mold pulled buy have to make some sort of attachment tab so yall can stick the thingy together, I cant work on fiberglass till I get healed up a little bit

DSCF9776.JPG

-
Back