-
Status
Not open for further replies.

puregts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
All that glitters isn't gold. It's not even silver... it's aluminum! One nut runs it out of oil and... (see pic) Looking for a 225 /6 in the Los(t) Angeles area. Somebody must be making a swap and needs it taken away. Somebody... anybody?

Attachments

• dstrBEGengoilpanWEB.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 155
All that glitters isn't gold. It's not even silver... it's aluminum! One nut runs it out of oil and... (see pic) Looking for a 225 /6 in the Los(t) Angeles area. Somebody must be making a swap and needs it taken away. Somebody... anybody?

i have a 72 in Phx and am going to fall fling in Van Nuys :thumrigh:

its not as easy as 64-71...

the pre 67 slant sixes had a different crank shaft recess for the converter hub (smaller)...

the 68 and later had a large recess...

also the some split applies for the trans as the early ones have a smaller spline count than the 68 and later...

so what do you really need?

Well, this adds a whole new angle to what's happening. I have a 70 Duster with a reman 225 engine and a 904 in it. Everything points to it being proper for the year. It may even be the OE motor for it; I have no idea. I've never dealt in the /6 world until now, but now I am genuinely concerned. (Engine date casting "6070".)
Monday, I'm supposed to go look at a 67 225 from a local FABO member to see about it. It comes with a trans so if there is an issue with the crank convertor hub pocket that should solve it, right?
I wasn't planning on rebuilding that trans (known leaker), I was just going to reuse what's already in the car as it appears recently done. Either way I seems I need to check it while it is out. Wonderful; I hate this "bend to fit; paint to match" crap. I was hoping to just set the two engines side by side and swap over what needed to be done. Maybe give it a paint job, roller chain and send it out. Nothing evere seems to go as planned... *sigh*

Any more things I should look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back