Status
Not open for further replies.

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need both front upper shock mounts for my 1964 Barracuda. Some brain surgeon hacked them up while installing fender well headers years ago, and I am replacing the inner fenders, and need to replace the shock mounts, also.

Thanks

FF

I'll have to look at how there on...I have a 65 Dart that I took the inners out of (well I got one out and the other mostly out) and still have the rails with the mounts on..

Dave

I'd also have to double check, but I think the upper shock mounts are part of the the upper control arm mounts.

Ok, I went out and looked REALLY close at these hacked pieces. At the bottom, the cam bolts for the upper control are pass thru, and below that , they are welded to the frams. May be tough getting them off of one car, and being usable and getting just the right geometry on my car.

Which brings about next possibility, ABOVE the shock, they make a bend, and the inner fender is welded to them. If I can get a pair that are cut off at, say, just below the shock hole, I can then cut them off, cut the originals off @ the same point, and butt weld them, right??

Here's pics of mine on each side

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back