-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudius

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Yes, I know that it sounds bonkers to ask for a Sure-Grip for the weak 7-1/4 rear end instead of upgrading to the 8-3/4. :snakeman:

However, the budget says I have to at this point in time.

Thus, does anybody have one of these that they are willing to part with? I will take one with or without the ring & pinion. It has to go into my '68 Barracuda. Send a PM if you can help. :happy10:

Soon as I saw this thread header, I say to myself, "Really?"

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

I would check ebay, these are pretty rare and possibly spendy. I parted out a 66 Cuda-S awhile back, the car was a 273 Commando 4-speed with an 7 1/4 rear, thought it wasn't correct so I junked the rear. Find out later that it was correct and probably had a sure-grip in it, oh well, live and learn.

The last one I had sold for 350 with the gears. Just to give some kind of price range.
Thanks for the tip. I have been trading PMs back and forth all evening with a fellow Canuck who says he has what I need. I knew that this search would be an uphill battle but it has started out rather well.

I've got one in my 68 pm me if interested. Located in saskatchewan.

Is this one in Kelowna? Gord from Kelowna contacted me yesterday after getting a tip and signing up to the FABO site.

Why not a a-body 8 1/4?
1) want to minimize costs (ie: no need to change drive shaft and other components)
2) want to maintain existing bolt pattern for the wheels (see #1 above)
3) have completely replaced brakes on existing unit and do not want to have wasted the time or cash
4) NO plans to race the car at all. An occasional squeal of the tires is desired but I have known this car for >30 years (owned it for >20) and am very attached to it.

Is this one in Kelowna? Gord from Kelowna contacted me yesterday after getting a tip and signing up to the FABO site.

yes thats the one. Gord is a really good guy and trustworthy. i gave him the tip.

yes thats the one. Gord is a really good guy and trustworthy. i gave him the tip.
I may have found one only an hour's drive away that I may acquire this weekend so I advised Gord that I would seek out that one first. Kelowna is a bit more of a haul from here. Thanks for putting me in touch!

Kudos and many thanks to demon seed for a 7.25 reference in another thread. A full Sure Grip (2.76:1) rear end has been brought up to his friend Dean in the Okotoks area. I will try to make the trip this long weekend to retrieve it.

The FABO material continuum has come through. Domo Arigato Gozaimasu! :salut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back