WANTED 72 340 Intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the #3512100 intake if that's the one that your looking for. It came from a 71 340 Demon NHRA stock eliminator engine so it's been cut a little on the head side. Let me know if you could use it.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Ya the #3512100 one is the I'm looking for, its been milled? It's legal right? and what would you want for it? THANKS!

It is legal. I run one of those on my 71 NHRA stocker. It's been milled on the head side to get the right port match after the heads were CC'd to the minimum allowed chamber volume. I'd like to get $75 plus the shipping.

Ken

I will have to wait tell I get paid on the tenth to pay for it. Would you do 70+shipping? I'm trying to get into f/sa or e/sa slowly but shirley. My car is light enough for E. THANKS!

I'll do the $70 plus the shipping, no problem. The new Challengers are killing the traditional cars like ours with the performances out at Indy this week. 10.30s in E/SA. And I thought that my 10.57 was awesome. Not even close to those new cars.

I'll PM you with the shipping costs.

Ken

Damn you ran a 10.57 that must be in e/sa wow that's flying! Ya those new fuel injected cars have an advantage.

I went to the Englishtown, NJ race. The nationals just aren't any fun anymore. NHRA saw to that. They raise the gate fees and cut the payouts. Not to mention that they just about do anything for the pros. I only went to E-town because it's only about 30 minutes from me.

I run the car in E but do what I have to do to protect the combination.

I usually run the national opens, divisionals and our local S/SS association races. Much more fun.

Ya I want to do national open's and are local s/ss combos they usually get about 40 to 45 cars. My dad has a 73 Duster in ss/ja and my uncle has a 71 duster in d/sa, I love it!

I'm sure you've gone to a bunch of races with your family so you know how much fun it can be. Especially when your behind the wheel, the front end comes up about 4 feet at the launch and all you see is sky. Then you pray that the car goes straight until it comes down to earth and you can steer it!

Our S/SS association races here usually get between 30-40 cars also. It's a great deal. It's one day, no NHRA crap, you get to race against excellent cars and drivers and could win some decent $$.

I could get my Demon into D/SA but I can't get enough weight out of it to get close to the minimum. The Duster is a naturally lighter car so it's easier to get them lighter.

Ken

Thats a pretty good deal on that intake. I think I paid $100 for the one I bought and I didnt even need to to be legal or correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back