Status
Not open for further replies.

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
After doing some research and having a few friends offer me some sage advice, I think I know what kind of rear axle I want.

I've had both the 8 1/4 Mopar and the Ford Mustang 8 inch recommended to me, and while the Ford 8 sounds more versatile, I think I'd like to have the 8 1/4 open with something like 3.23 to 3.55 gears.

If anyone in, near or soon to be near the North Central Florida area would be able to help me out, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!

i have one with stock gears(like 2.73 or something) that i might get rid of soon. why do you want something like that instead of the 8 3/4?

Tyler, I want an 8 1/4 over an 8 3/4 because it's more cost effective and an 8 3/4 is really a bit of overkill for a Slant 6, even if it's hopped up.

Feel like selling me one, Curtis? :D

Chuckness: I have one minus the backing plates but it is a suregrip and you didn't mention that. It is disassembled but all here and i would take $400 and you pay shipping. I'll crate it for nothing for a mopar freak.

Chuckness: I have one minus the backing plates but it is a suregrip and you didn't mention that. It is disassembled but all here and i would take $400 and you pay shipping. I'll crate it for nothing for a mopar freak.

Thanks, SB. That's a bit out of my price range even before shipping. :neutral: I really only need an open anyway. Thanks for the offer, though.

Army,
I know there is a Diplomat cop car in the U-Pull-It in Jax. that still has the complete rear end minus the rear sway bar.

Anybody chime in if it will fit his car. I can't remember if it is a bolt in or if minor mods need to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back