-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69GT

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
I just picked up an old 8-track player for my Dart and now I need to get some tapes. I am only looking for certain tapes I had way back when. If anyone has any of these tapes that are in nice shape and you would like to sell, please P.M. me. The tapes I am looking for are as follows:

AC/DC---Back in Black
Aerosmith---Get Your Wings and Toys in the Attic
Alice Cooper---Greatest Hits

Bachman Turner Overdrive--- BTO II

Bad Company---Bad Company
Black Sabbath---We Sold Our Soul for Rock and Roll
Bob Seger---Night Moves
David Bowie--Diamond Dogs
Elton John---Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player
Grand Funk---Hits

Jimi Hendrix---Hits
Kiss---Alive
Pink Floyd---Dark Side of the Moon
Rolling Stones---Let It Bleed
Robin Trower---Bridge of Sighs
The Rockets---Love Transfusion
Van Halen---Van Halen

Thanks!

I will look over what I have. If I can find duplicates I will let you know but our taste in music is pretty close and I save them for my Challenger's 8-track. IF you want I do have a recorder and can transfer record albums, just come up with blanks.

I've had these since high school. Anything of interest here? Maybe you want the entire case. Cheap. Very Cheap!

Attachments

• 01-06-11_2042.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 723
..old vinyl record stores usully have tons of 8 tracks with great prices...

Forget nostalgia! I went this route with a home 8-track I found at a thrift store. Those things even sounded WORSE than I remembered. double tracking, fading in/out, switching tracks in the middle of the song... Then again, I do have some fond memories in my Duster listening to Seger's Nine Tonight and Eagles: Live and Journey: Captured...

Maybe I'll have to get one for the car!

Incidentaly, check the local thrift stores and Pawn shops, I usually see several there.

Also, check eBay: eBay 8-track Tape Lots

I remember putting my comb in the top or bottom to make them play many moons ago
I went with an under dash high output cassette.
I will see what I have in my stash in storage.

if intrested i have a assorment of blank 8 track tapes,,some are still unopened,,all were never recorded on,,

also i have an unopened head cleaner tape, and a home recording deck,,was my dads,,,is in execellent shape, im looking for a good home for all or any of it,,,not looking to get rich,,,make any offer and shipping,, [email protected]

Attachments

• elvis albums ,blank 8 tracks,recorders 006.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 669
  • elvis albums ,blank 8 tracks,recorders 001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 635
Are you still looking for 8 trax?I have about 30 I think, time to let them go. If interested I can send a list.

if intrested i have a assorment of blank 8 track tapes,,some are still unopened,,all were never recorded on,,

also i have an unopened head cleaner tape, and a home recording deck,,was my dads,,,is in execellent shape, im looking for a good home for all or any of it,,,not looking to get rich,,,make any offer and shipping,, [email protected]

there was no intrest in any of this stuff,,even craigs list lol i tossed it all,,,

this is gonna sound hokey,but check the good will stores in your area. my wife is always finding good crap at them.

8-tracks were pretty cool in their day but always needed tweaking. I used to fix them and always had problems with certain tapes not playing no matter what the condition of the player. I commend you anyway for keeping our old technology alive.

I still have quite a few 8tracks i wouldn't mind parting with. I want to say about 80 or so along with cases and a repair kit. I'll take a look and see what I have and post a new thread with it all.

I bought the ones from 684mulas. I just use them for looks/conversation starters. The funny thing is that I don't remember them sounding as bad as they do. lol It did make for good conversation with the cop when I got pulled over for speeding, "Is that an 8 track player? I havn't seen one of those forever. Does it work?" I don't know if it was the 8 tracks but I only ended up getting a warning.

man, you guys are telling your age.
lmao no there not . im only 20 some thing .. and im putting one in my barracuda hahahaha i just need to find one track cuz mine dont work lol but it will have a cd player in the car some where lol :cheers::happy1:

I bought the ones from 684mulas. I just use them for looks/conversation starters. The funny thing is that I don't remember them sounding as bad as they do. lol It did make for good conversation with the cop when I got pulled over for speeding, "Is that an 8 track player? I havn't seen one of those forever. Does it work?" I don't know if it was the 8 tracks but I only ended up getting a warning.

Thats so funny! I just recently got pm's because of this thread, asking if they were still for sale.

I'm glad you have them and they astually still work because they got a real good workout when I listened to them back in 70's when I was in high school (especially the Zep, Steve Miller and that Kansas tapes). I listened to that Kansas so many times that when I hear it now on the classic rock station, I expect to hear a big "click" somewhere in the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back