wanted 906 heads or any 383 parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have six or seven 0.030 speed pro forged 383 pistons and some bare 906 castings but shipping would be a bit high......

I've got one '906 head, and a set of 383 pistons/rods I'd sell you cheap if you can come get them. I'm in Rochester, NY 14616. Get up here? PM me if you're interested. I don't get E-mail notification here anymore.
Mike

I got some ported 906 castings. They are complete but the valves are pretty sunk in. Came off a running motor. Shipping from Oregon City, oR 97045 $200 plus shipping. Email [email protected] or PM me on the board

a friend of mine has a factory 4 bbl intake,.ikm sure it can be had cheap if your in need we are in PA out side philadlephia,,

I have a set of 906's off my 440 Charger. They have been re-done w/ hardened seats, bronze guides, valve job, new seals, new springs - I honestly can't remember if we got new valves when the work was done. I took them off my 440 this Spring, and decided to go w/ alluminum. I'm also in the Philly area - actually closer to allentown now.

Since you mentioned "MAGNUM" parts in your original post, you DO understand that there is nothing that makes a 383 a "magnum" that isn't a wear item and would be replaced in a rebuild don't you?

For instance, there is no such thing as a "magnum" head for a big block

I have a complete 1969 383 out of something, I am selling for friend I think he wants 500.00 for it..he says it has 906 heads???turns over but stops 1/2 way...I am guessing spun bearing ???I am in upstate ny by binghamton call me 607-647-9547

I have a complete 68 383 short block that is all standard internals and is very easily rebuildable.I also have one set of 906 heads that are rebuildable/minus rocker shafts.And a set of 452 castings very rebuildable/minus rocker shafts.If interested please call me at 530-633-4784,I'm in northern ca.

I've got some parts if your interested.
I live near 43078 area code Ohio.
Shipping would probably be pricey.

car parts 015.jpg

car parts 014.jpg

car parts 019.jpg

Beg to differ. ALL big blocks (except Hemi) had 906 heads from 68-70. A 383 2 barrel had 906 heads. A 440 Six Pack had 906 heads. They were all the same casting. You could also use a 346 or a 452 if you preferred. The 452's would have induction hardened exhaust valve seats, use the same 2.08 and 1.74 valves, have a slightly flatter intake runner, but have more short side radius than a 906.

You still think I'm in to Chevies?

I think, sir, you should buy yourself a Mopar Performance Engines book and start reading.

EDIT:
I forgot you mentioned the intake. There was only one 4V intake for a 383 (for 68-69. there were two for 70. one for a Carter, the other for a Holley carb). So a 330 HP 383 (which wasn't a "magnum") used the exact same intake as a 335 HP "magnum" did.

......... The magnums had better valve springs [single with dampner] 10.0-1 comp instead of 9.2-1 had what was refered to as the road runner cam 450+458 lift 268+284 duration on a 115 centerline...the 440-6 had the exact same specs with 3 attaching bolts ........kim.......

wanted 906 heads or any 383 parts ,, any performance parts wanted or magnum parts for a 383 please call me - Angelo at 516-767-1509 i am in ny so it is eastern time thanks angelo

It would be nice if your profile or ad said where you live instead of just listing the zip code. I have a complete 69 383 that ran good when pulled,but I have no idea if you are close enough to me to even be interested. I'm in NC.

Don't worry about this, the thread is a month old. He's gone from the site by now, or he would have probablly posted.

......... The magnums had better valve springs [single with dampner] 10.0-1 comp instead of 9.2-1 had what was refered to as the road runner cam 450+458 lift 268+284 duration on a 115 centerline...the 440-6 had the exact same specs with 3 attaching bolts ........kim.......

True about the valve springs and the 383 cam. BUT those are pieces you're gonna change during a rebuild. He was talking like there was a different head.....which there wasn't.

Also, the 440+6 cam did have (basically) the same specs as the 383 and 440 4V cam. But they weren't the same. The ramps were different which affects lift and duration. They DID originally have a three bolt cam gear instead of the single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back