-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pnkhemi

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of the correct A Body 383 kickdown linkage and brackets. 68 Dart, 727 tranny. PM me here.

Thanks, Dan

I think A&A Transmission sells correct setups for your A Body.

way to much for a&a. there was a guy selling them on ebag for 129.00, but i haven't seen them lately. they are the same ones a&a are selling. i think Herbs sells them also.

i looking for a 440 set

Hmmmm I didnt think there would be a difference between an A-Body and B or C body big block kick-down. Am I wrong? What would be the difference? Is the down rod bent differntly?

A & A only shows 6 pack linkage. Herb's has the correct one for $225. Looks like the way I'll go. Thanks for the lead! I know the rod that attaches to the carb is different, as well as the top bellcrank. Not sure about anything else.

This is a C-Body 383 kickdown... it fits perfectly for my B-body. Would it not fit for an A-body?
Sorry this is just a question as I may in the future go big block in my A

PHOT0001.JPG

On an A-Body Big Block car both the down rod and the rod that goes to the throttle are on the same side of the top bellcrank towards the passenger side. This is so that down rod is moved away from the wiring bulkhead but I'm sure that you could modify the C-Body stuff to work.

A body is UNIQUE to itself as stated by mcodecuda above .

Im making my own rods for Abody with 440/727 I had the top bracket and rod to carb and the trans bell crank to start with so just makeing the down rod and pressure valve rod. I found these pics and adjustment specs straight from Chryslers hand book on google http://books.google.com/books?id=Ij...resnum=1&ved=0CA8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false , seems like they had 3 or 4 different setups from all mechanical even the gas pedal angle had to be set to the cable version and here is a pic of the linkages I think are for a Hemi/727 combo, these are the ones Im working from. http://i13.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/9a/90/4c6f_1.JPG. Just the info on adjustments is a great find I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back