Wanted, A body 4 speed "tunnel hump."

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
64-66 Barracuda: I need a solution...I'm going from 3 on the column to 4 on the floor on my 65. It seems that a 4 speed "tunnel hump" is as rare as hen's teeth. There is a lot of new ones and salvaged ones available for newer models 67 and up. Any recommendations, leads or sources would be greatly appreciated. BTW...I'm not too fond of a fiberglass one.
Norm

The last one I bought was 250 and have not seen one since. I have seen guys post that they have modified the 67 up one. Good luck in your search.

I have seen them pop up on here once in a blue moon... but yes I think my purchase was close to 225 as well. I was just about to pull the trigger on the fiberglass one and deal with it when I got a hit on a one in ok condition. just good timing.

64-66 Barracuda: I need a solution...I'm going from 3 on the column to 4 on the floor on my 65. It seems that a 4 speed "tunnel hump" is as rare as hen's teeth. There is a lot of new ones and salvaged ones available for newer models 67 and up. Any recommendations, leads or sources would be greatly appreciated. BTW...I'm not too fond of a fiberglass one.
Norm
It looks a little rough, and the price is a little high.... I've been watching it for a year and the price has'nt dropped at all...
Mopar 4 Speed Floor Hump A Body Barracuda Valiant 1963-66 Console Factory Part | eBay

It looks a little rough, and the price is a little high.... I've been watching it for a year and the price has'nt dropped at all...
Mopar 4 Speed Floor Hump A Body Barracuda Valiant 1963-66 Console Factory Part | eBay
That hump is not correct for a '64-'65 early A Body.
This is a photo of a fiberglass hump from Brewer's Performance
20180529_214936[1].jpg
attached with panel adhesive. Unfortunately it doesn't have the brackets for the shifter bezel.

That hump is not correct for a '64-'65 early A Body.
This is a photo of a fiberglass hump from Brewer's PerformanceView attachment 1715181700 attached with panel adhesive. Unfortunately it doesn't have the brackets for the shifter bezel.

I've been struggling what to do in my 64, currently 3-on-the-tree but I've been collecting parts for a 4 Speed conversion.

I bought a 66 hump from a member on here. It's not correct for a 64 and only a real Mopar guy would know if it had rectangular boot on the floor.
1966 was the first year for the familiar longer 67-69 style console with the hinged lid. The larger oval hole is for the bottom boot hidden under the console.

64 and 65 have the smaller mini console that really is not a console at all. More of a shift bezel. I bought one of those humps at a swap meet last year for $20 but it is VERY rusty and I mostly got it to use as a pattern. Turns out it is a more complex part than I thought. The complexity is in the raised circular hump that matches the round boot, hence the stamping fab method. I have an acquaintance that has a metal FAB shop catering to REAL customers but his brother is into DKW (I think) motorcycles. They make parts for those as a hobby sideline. I need to talk with him and see if they'll help me tool up for repros. They have a laser cutter and NC brake so they are capable of making nice parts.

The 66 hump I have is far from perfect but it is much more usable than the rusty 65 hump. I'd prefer to do my conversion to match a 64-65 4 Speed but I'm working with Swiss cheese.

Sorry to hijack your thread. Good luck with your search!

I need a few floor humps as well! :) I see a '64 hump year after year at Portland, Monroe etc... A bit rough and it is $350... GLWS

I've been struggling what to do in my 64, currently 3-on-the-tree but I've been collecting parts for a 4 Speed conversion.

I bought a 66 hump from a member on here. It's not correct for a 64 and only a real Mopar guy would know if it had rectangular boot on the floor.
1966 was the first year for the familiar longer 67-69 style console with the hinged lid. The larger oval hole is for the bottom boot hidden under the console.

64 and 65 have the smaller mini console that really is not a console at all. More of a shift bezel. I bought one of those humps at a swap meet last year for $20 but it is VERY rusty and I mostly got it to use as a pattern. Turns out it is a more complex part than I thought. The complexity is in the raised circular hump that matches the round boot, hence the stamping fab method. I have an acquaintance that has a metal FAB shop catering to REAL customers but his brother is into DKW (I think) motorcycles. They make parts for those as a hobby sideline. I need to talk with him and see if they'll help me tool up for repros. They have a laser cutter and NC brake so they are capable of making nice parts.

The 66 hump I have is far from perfect but it is much more usable than the rusty 65 hump. I'd prefer to do my conversion to match a 64-65 4 Speed but I'm working with Swiss cheese.

Sorry to hijack your thread. Good luck with your search!
I bought one from Brewer's Performance some time ago. It was a bit rough and when I had it rechromed detail was lost. I'd really like a '66 console but I doubt I could afford a nice one.

I need a few floor humps as well! :) I see a '64 hump year after year at Portland, Monroe etc... A bit rough and it is $350... GLWS
The fiberglass repros from Brewer's work, but it's fiberglass and there are no brackets. I'm going to have some brackets made up for mine to hold the chrome bezel securely in place.

PM gummibear I just sold him my 67 tunnel . He has a early a tunnel for sale.. good luck

For the oval hole but the rest of it is the same as 64 and 65. Same stamping other than 66 is the only with an oval hole. If you wanted it would go right in a 64 or 65.
The brackets are different for the console in the '66 and consolette in the '64-'65s.

-
Back