Status
Not open for further replies.

dartlover

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
HELP!

Want to convert a 72 Demon to 5/4.5 MOPAR Front Disc Brakes. I have the large ball joint upper control arms already and need to buy the spindles, caliper brackets, shields, & prop valve. I'll purchase the calipers and rotors locally to save on shipping weight.

Someone please hook me up!
Thank you ...Dartlover

HELP!

Want to convert a 72 Demon to 5/4.5 MOPAR Front Disc Brakes. I have the large ball joint upper control arms already and need to buy the spindles, caliper brackets, shields, & prop valve. I'll purchase the calipers and rotors locally to save on shipping weight.

Someone please hook me up!
Thank you ...Dartlover

I have everything you are asking for except the prop valve and could get that also if needed. $200 + S/H. Send me an email if you are intersted. Thanks! Jay - [email protected]

:stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop::stop:

Ok guys, listen up, you CAN NOT use any parts from the M-body, cars Period

I guess you have a death wish or something like that.

C'mon, we are talking the BRAKING SYSTEM..........

MOPAR CHARLIE

I've got a prop valve off of a 5th ave (M body). I've heard it'd work for you. $5 plus shipping.

I enjoy the Mopar Magazines, but I will tell you this. The Magazines will print anything, right or wrong, and when I talked to them about printing tech articles without checking out the facts, they told me that they don't have anyway of checking.

I am a professional Certified Chrysler Designer, so I think I do know what I am talking about.

Infact, check out my articles, on www.moparts.com look under tech archives, look for A-body & B E body disc brake conversions.

Mopar Charlie:bootysha:

There's a fairly famous writer of a Mopar Magazine who'd disagree with you Charlie.

Dang, I can't use the wheels and rear sway bar off a Dippy cop car on my Dart???

The best way to do it is get all the stuff from you need from a 73 to 76 A-Body parts car. That way you get the 'official' Mopar engineered stuff all in one shot.

Don't forget the master cylinder and brake booster,etc.

perportion valves, master cylinders, etc.. all do the same freakin thing.
Only mystery is plumbing correctly.
As for buying calipers locally to save shipping, you'll pay more in core charge if you dont have 2 for exchange.

perportion valves, master cylinders, etc.. all do the same freakin thing.
Only mystery is plumbing correctly.
As for buying calipers locally to save shipping, you'll pay more in core charge if you dont have 2 for exchange.

The whole prop thing has always had me befuddled. My car was originally a drum car all around and it has the valve that disk cars are "supposed" to have. Every thread and internet search I have ever done has told me I have the wrong one! I'm using it and havent had any problems after switching to disks up front. Now I have two because I never used the one I bought to replace the one I already had.?!

I guess I should rephrase since front wheel drive parts are totally different.
All rear wheel drive parts work on the same principals be it mopar ford vw whatever

Have the parts you need in good used condition. Spindles,caliper brackets,shields, proportioning valve, from a 74 Dart Sport. $175 shipped to you, that is if your in the U.S.
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back